NCL Pearl Mid-Ship Mini Suite Noise

hawgwildterry

Thinking of giving NCL another try after a 12yr break. HAL had become our favorite cruise line with Princess being second.....but given the recent decline in the HAL and Princess product it's time to explore NCL.

Looking at a Pearl mid-ship Mini Suite on Deck 11 but notice that Deck 12 is an activity area to include dedicated kids areas. How much noise gets transferred to down into the staterooms on Deck 11? Would we be better off with a mid-ship balcony stateroom and give up a little room for less noise?

Thank you in advance for useful information in our decision making process.

Terry Green

Marysville, WA

Edited by hawgwildterry

Here's an image I made up of the Pearl decks 11 and 12 superimposed over one another. As you can see, some locations -- such as fwd of Topsiders or beneath La Cucina -- are more favorable than say, beneath the Garden Cafe. I haven't stayed in them personally, but I've read plenty here about the cabins around 11600. That large white open space is kitchen for La Cucina and the Garden Cafe. It can bustle early morning, and late at night with cleaning activities.

pearl-11-and-12.jpg

Edited by triptolemus

From a personal experience on a sister ship (identical regarding this matter), I'd say that both location and price wise best mini-suites are 11624 and back from there (our group had 11626-11630 IIRC).

The Italian restaurant dining room is mostly carpeted (heard absolutely no noise from above) and the location is very convinient just stairs or elevator ride away from buffet or aft MDR.

Also above most midship mini-suites there is a overhang (clearly visible in the deckplan mesh above) that can cast more shadow to the balcony than in mini-suites to more fwd or aft.

I have also stayed in midship mini-suites under the sun deck and won't do that again because of the noise from above during the night cleaning. Like already mentioned, the galleys are as noisy or even noisier.

I was in 11584 on the Pearl last month, and I was underneath the kids' activity center. Here's what I wrote in my review of the room in the Cabin Compilation thread:

"Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – For the most part. It’s right under Entourage, and the kids had some daytime activities that had a lot of pounding feet. It didn’t bother me as I was not in my stateroom during the day for long periods of time, but if you’re a daytime napper, it might be an issue. I didn’t hear anything at night, and I was back in my room by 10 p.m. 2 nights during my 4-night cruise."

We did a cabin crawl with CCers on my cruise, so I saw the balcony room, and was amazed at how much larger the mini-suites actually were. I thought my room was in a great location and the daytime noise won't deter me from booking in that area again if I ever get the chance! Good luck!

Thank you so much for the overlay of decks 11-12. We will be in 11076 that looks like it should be pretty good. No kids late at nite. Do the bathrooms on deck 11 all have bath tubs, or just showers. Anyone have any info on 11076? Outlets, balcony good? Noise any info. First cruise and totally excited. Are curling irons really on the NO list. What else is on the NO list. Thank you so much for the info

Here's an image I made up of the Pearl decks 11 and 12 superimposed over one another. As you can see, some locations -- such as fwd of Topsiders or beneath La Cucina -- are more favorable than say, beneath the Garden Cafe. I haven't stayed in them personally, but I've read plenty here about the cabins around 11600. That large white open space is kitchen for La Cucina and the Garden Cafe. It can bustle early morning, and late at night with cleaning activities.

pearl-11-and-12.jpg

Kudos, you did this and shared it. Wow. Anyone looking for a mini suite on the Pearl or Gem, boom, there it is. Maybe you should share this with NCL, no never mind that may be too much to process. Thanks for posting this helpful info.

Thank You to everyone who took the time to answer my question about the noise level in the Deck 11 mid-ship mini-suites. From what I read, it looks like our best bet is aft. We are planning to be part of a group and several members of the group want to have inside cabins and it does appear that there are an assortment of inside cabins in the aft area also. Mid-ships would have been preferred due to less movement but hey....I will take a little movement any day over noise.

Again, thank you everyone.