Cruise director schedule 2016

sc4125

• 4 months later...
I do recall seeing that the new schedule will be released soon because a couple cruise directors left the fleet and they had to do some shuffling.

Hennie announced on Facebook today that he was retiring from Carnival this month.

I can only tell you the name of one cruise director out of all 16 cruises that I've been on, and the only reason that I know his name is because he was such a pain (and apparently famous).

I wanted to figure out a way to turn him off, but I couldn't.

Huge turnover in CD's the past few years.

Wonde rwhy?

I can certainly see that it would be a very demanding job, with very long hours, and lots of responsibility! I'm sure they make good money, but IMO, they earn every dime. ;)

"SKY"

I can certainly see that it would be a very demanding job, with very long hours, and lots of responsibility! I'm sure they make good money, but IMO, they earn every dime. ;)

"SKY"

With entertainment director now on many ships dont think it is such a demanding job these days.

In any case seems like a lot more turnover than say 5 years ago.

"SKY"

maybe also because carnival is demoting most of them from head of the entertainment department to just an emcee wit the invention of the entertainment director.

maybe also because carnival is demoting most of them from head of the entertainment department to just an emcee wit the invention of the entertainment director.

That occurred to me but have asked several CD's who we have known for a few cruises and they say it gives them more time to be out and about which is what they prefer. However who knows if that is true or just parroting the company line.

That occurred to me but have asked several CD's who we have known for a few cruises and they say it gives them more time to be out and about which is what they prefer. However who knows if that is true or just parroting the company line.

i love carnival, but for some reason i have had an issue with this since they first announced it. lol I wonder if that is the reason John Heald stepped down as a CD. who knows..... i guess it does not matter. i will continue to sail on a carnival ship.