Prime Rib, Escargot and Lobster Oh my!

vicocala

Hi all. I will be going on my first MSC cruise on the Divina this summer. We purchased the specialty restaurant package but I am interested if MSC serves the above in the MDR's. Many of the lines out there are fazing out the above items unless they are purchased Al La Carte or in specialty dining.

If you know which nights (if any) they are usually served please let me know this too so that I do my scheduling correctly.

Thanks and any differences between MSC and HAL, RCI, Norwegian or Carnival would be appreciated as well.

Can't comment on whether those items will be available on a US sailing. Prime rib isn't available on other sailings for sure.

Your biggest difference is that you are on a European line and the passenger mix will be more international. That in itself makes for different onboard atmosphere.

Assuming you're on a US sailing, then there will still be a significant number of Americans onboard. If the Divina is back in Europe by the summer, then there will be almost none and few English speakers.

Can't comment on whether those items will be available on a US sailing. Prime rib isn't available on other sailings for sure.

Your biggest difference is that you are on a European line and the passenger mix will be more international. That in itself makes for different onboard atmosphere.

Assuming you're on a US sailing, then there will still be a significant number of Americans onboard. If the Divina is back in Europe by the summer, then there will be almost none and few English speakers.

Thank you for your thoughts. She will be sailing the eastern Caribbean in June. Anyone else have any information on if the Divina serves these items?

Yes to Prime Rib and to Lobster. I am unsure of the escargot and I am leaning towards no if I had to guess. They have lots of really good dishes. They serve the largest shrimp in the shrimp cocktail of any of the other lines we have been on. Their eggplant and lasagna and their other italian dishes with fresh pasta is mouthwatering. We also requested garlic bread one night and it showed up each night. Lovely treat!

Hi all. I will be going on my first MSC cruise on the Divina this summer. We purchased the specialty restaurant package but I am interested if MSC serves the above in the MDR's. Many of the lines out there are fazing out the above items unless they are purchased Al La Carte or in specialty dining.

If you know which nights (if any) they are usually served please let me know this too so that I do my scheduling correctly.

Thanks and any differences between MSC and HAL, RCI, Norwegian or Carnival would be appreciated as well.

They have lobster and escargot on formal nights

Thanks very much. Sea days are on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. On other lines that would mean the gala nights would be Monday and Thursday, or would that be wrong?

For sure on Thursday, which will also be lobster night. With the lobster, they also serve a crawfish (they spell it crayfish) salad and call it a seafood duo. You can do as I did and simply tell your server double lobster. That way they don't bring you two dishes.

As for the first one, it was on Sunday for us to the Eastern Caribbean even though Monday was a sea day too. Loved the escargot. Our sailing didn't have the prime rib as Cam had mentioned though.

Bret