Best porthole cabin on Fantasy class ship?

OntarioTraveller

We will be booking a porthole cabin on the Sensation (for the good value). We are booking 10 months out and none seem to be booked yet.

We are looking at E8 or E7 on the Empress deck. They look a little larger and the price of a porthole is the same regardless of deck.

Any experience with this?

Many thanks!

We have stayed in porthole cabins on Fantasy class many times. Empress deck to us is the best choice to us, everything is 1-3 decks up and we use the stairs all week. Our first few times we selected E9 or E10 because it was closest to the lobby. Our PVP booked us in E7 or E8 telling us it was larger, maybe it was but really made no difference to us. If I am sailing on Fantasy class ships, any of the portholes on Empress would be my choice.

Empress deck is by far the best because it's higher up and away from the forward thrusters. On my first cruise I made the mistake of booking a Riviera deck cabin in the front and would be awoken early in the morning by the loud rumbling as we pulled into port. It sounds like a huge locomotive diesel engine spinning up and shaking your cabin. You still may here some on the Empress deck, but it will be much less violent.

We've done E10 and it was a very nice cabin. Convenient because it's a few steps from the atrium, but deep into the hallway so no noise issues. The portholes are not as deep (they don't have the tunnel view) so you can see a bit better out the window than other porthole staterooms.

About the size, it's a bit larger than standard staterooms, but it's not as big as other porthole staterooms. For example, we had R2 on a different sailing and the stateroom was considerably larger.

Edited by Tapi