Constellation questions

Buster27

I sailed the Connie Dec 2015. I arrived extra early to the port due to travel circumstances. I believe I got there about 9:30am. They took my luggage - no problem. But the doors to the terminal were locked. Shortly after 10am - they opened the doors. Check in was quick and easy. We were directed to sit in rows of chairs. When they started letting people on the ship . . . we went row by row. It was the smoothest embarkation EVER!

I bring my own hair dryer. I don't understand why they have hair dryers where you have to hold the button down. It makes no sense at all! I also bring a triple plug outlet.

I took the Celebrity Miami tour in the double decker bus - as I had a late flight home. It was nice. But very WINDY! Also - made the mistake of packing my suntan lotion. I needed it on the tour.

I came 'almost' home to cancelled flights - slept in SeaTac airport overnight - scored a shuttle van the next day (all flights to my little town were booked solid for the next 2 days!) - and came home to more than a foot of snow - and it's still snowing! I needed a b2b2b2b2b etc. lol

I had a great cruise! Eat on the open deck behind the buffet at least once. I ate at the Bistro while on the Solstice to Alaska last May. It was terrible. But maybe it depends on the ship. I was afraid to try on the Connie.

Hopefully their entertainment has improved! I think they were still working out some rough spots! Some didn't know dance routines!

You'll have a great time!

Edited by crilski

• 3 weeks later...
I tried that -- the button required much more force than my rubber band could muster. Next time I plan to bring a small hose clamp from the auto supply store (and a screwdriver).

Be sure and pack your "weapon" in your suitcase!

Going back on the Connie after 10 years. I'm sure much has changed. We will be boarding early, what will our options be for lunch (not in a suite). I need gluten free so I prefer not to eat at the buffet if possible.

I agree with the Taxi. Last cruise out of Fort Lauderdale the line was long but well organized and moved quickly. We had 6 passangers with cruise luggage and they had mini vans in their own line for larger parties. Same Price.

I have an early flight into FLL. Does anyone know what time the shuttles start taking people to the ship?

I also booked the shuttle after the cruise, but think I may cancel and take a Celebrity excursion that drops me off at the airport after.....anyone have any experience with these tours?

Just got off the Constellation yesterday after my first cruise. We booked with a shuttle service. The area where the shuttles come can get so congested, and we ended up missing our shuttle the first time it came around. Not a big deal as our flight wasn't until late afternoon....Next time, I would take a taxi.

I have an early flight into FLL. Does anyone know what time the shuttles start taking people to the ship?

I also booked the shuttle after the cruise, but think I may cancel and take a Celebrity excursion that drops me off at the airport after.....anyone have any experience with these tours?

How Early does your flight arrive? We had a red eye and took a cab from the airport to a restaurant (Joes). Around $12 I think. We took in all our luggage and killed a couple hours. In same complex as Publix and Total Wine. Then a $10 cab ride to the port. We arrived at port around 10 am and waited for about an hour for them to allow passengers in the building.

Lots of Taxi's waiting when you get off the ship. No need to pay for their transfers, they take longer then the Taxi. $20 back to the airport for mini van with 6 passengers with cruise luggage including tip.

How Early does your flight arrive? We had a red eye and took a cab from the airport to a restaurant (Joes). Around $12 I think. We took in all our luggage and killed a couple hours. In same complex as Publix and Total Wine. Then a $10 cab ride to the port. We arrived at port around 10 am and waited for about an hour for them to allow passengers in the building.

Lots of Taxi's waiting when you get off the ship. No need to pay for their transfers, they take longer then the Taxi. $20 back to the airport for mini van with 6 passengers with cruise luggage including tip.

My flight gets in at 8:30 am...so I guess I would need a breakfast place...LOL! And my flight after the cruise is at 5:30 PM.

What time is the first shuttle from the airport? Anybody?

Sailing Celebrity for the 1st time. Taking the Constellation out of Ft.Lauderdale on Jan. 14th.

Can anyone give me advice on the best time to arrive at the pier .....late or early to avoid the long lines?

Does Celebrity provide robes in the cabins?

Where is the hairdryer located in the cabins? In the vanity/desk area or in the bathroom ?

THANKS SO MUCH

we did the 1/18 cruise. checked in at 1145am with no line.

boarding started at 12 noon.

robes--yes

hairdryer is next to desk in cabinent

We tend to arrive at the pier for 10am on 4pm sailing days. I like to enjoy the ship as soon as possible and getting into the cruise mode as soon as I board.

Can't comment on robes and the HD question has been answered.

Regarding transport form Port Everglades we prefer taxi and it is a short ride.