Do you exercise on a cruise?

TriGirl

My wife and I use the ship's gym daily. Even on port days, we get up extra early to get some time in. Makes the dining more enjoyable -- our weight stays pretty even during the cruise.

Last cruise, though, I was starting to get seasick using the stationary bike. Once I turned the bike forwards instead of facing sideways to the sea, I felt much better!:rolleyes:

Gaining weight isnt an issue - in fact I'd like to be heavier!

Brian..I say this in the most loving way possible.....I hate you. :D

I work out 5-6 days a week either at the gym doing yoga, pilates, the elipital trainer and free weights, or hiking in the hills with my dog or at belly dancing class *wigglewiggle* I'll never be thin, my body type just isn't made for that, but I'm very healthy and fit.

I haven't used the gym in past cruises, but I actually did loose weight simply from walking from one end of the dam ship to the other all day long. I'm bringing my gym stuff this time and who knows, maybe I'll even use it. :)

We both exercise while on a cruise, but not "formally." We don't use the gym. Seems the times we've wanted to are just the times everyone else wants to. We walk the promenade deck and sports deck, and do lots of walking when in port.

We both exercise while on a cruise, but not "formally." We don't use the gym. Seems the times we've wanted to are just the times everyone else wants to. We walk the promenade deck and sports deck, and do lots of walking when in port.

My wife and I are both active duty military, so we HAVE to be in relatively good shape as a general rule. When we cruise, we do walk a couple of miles a day on the Promenade Deck (usually right after breakfast) and try to hit the gym at least every other day for a combined cardio and weight workout.

Despite all that, plus participating in active shore excursions and taking the stairs 95% of the time, we each gain roughly the dreaded pound a day. I guess I don't mind, because getting back to my normal eating routine at home I lose the added weight very quickly, but I shudder to think how heavy I'd get if we didn't do at least SOME exercising on board! And I'm amazed at those of you who say you either don't work out at all on the ship or do only a minimal amount of exercise and don't gain weight!

Archived