Has the UDP on the "Escape" Been Ironed Out Yet?

excitedtocruise

Just curious as to the status of the UDP on the "Escape".....Is there any extra charge for the Premium Items in Cagney's and Le Bistro's? Is there any charge for dining at Margaritaville? Seems like a few months ago the UDP was a hot mess with all the changes.

Everything on the menu is available with the UDP in all specialties with no up charges for any items. You can still eat at two places in one day with the old UDP (did this twice on the 11/28 sailing). We even got 25% off at Food Republic when we produced the Terms that specifically mention it and a little effort.

6&8

We had UDP on the 12/5 Escape sailing. My son got the 32oz Porterhouse at Cagneys, no extra charge. We never paid anything extra, except for tips, at the main specialty restaurants. And at Pincho Tapas Bar, we paid $7/person and ordered as much as we wanted. Plus gratuities. We did not try Food Republic, too busy the day we went there.

Thank you, that is what I needed to know, I am traveling with a group of 12, and we have reservations at Le Bistro, Cagney's, teppanyaki, Moderno's and La Cucina and I don't want any "surprises". We all the UDP, from back in February. For some reason, I thought the "tip" was already included in the package....Did you tip for extra special service? Also, did anyone go to Margaritaville?

Thank you, that is what I needed to know, I am traveling with a group of 12, and we have reservations at Le Bistro, Cagney's, teppanyaki, Moderno's and La Cucina and I don't want any "surprises". We all the UDP, from back in February. For some reason, I thought the "tip" was already included in the package....Did you tip for extra special service? Also, did anyone go to Margaritaville?

Yes, the tip/gratuities is covered with your package. The post you referenced is talking about the gratuity which is added to the upcharge at Pincho's.

No, we didn't tip extra.

Re: "Did anyone go to Margaritaville?" Yes, I ate there 11 times. Did you want to know anything about it beyond that?