Unlimited WiFi

IloveNCL11379

Hi everyone!

I am leaving on Sunday and wanted to know if anyone knew how many devices can be on one unlimited Wifi plan? Thanks!!

One at a time. If your phone is on you cannot use your iPad. At least that was how it worked on the breakaway in September

Thank you!! That's fine, but I can switch from device to device as long as it isn't at the same time?

Yes, I gave my daughter and her friend my password and we were all able to sign in one at a time. When you log in, it gives you a message like "someone is already sign in, do you wish to continue".

Were you able to stream music with the unlimited plan? I usually purchase the data plan so because of limits I haven't tried to stream. Was thinking of buying unlimited this time if I would be able to stream.

I don't know, I never tried.

You can get a cheap wireless repeater / router. That device will be "the one" logged in - the client on NCL's network.

Then you can use all of your devices simultaneously as long as your devices log into the repeater's network, as clients of the repeater. :D

As a visual... here's how the repeater would work as a go between.

Your device #1 \

Your device #2 +---> Repeater's WiFI +---> NCL WiFi

Your device #3 /

OP leaving on the BA this Sunday out of NYC ? - with the "faster" satellite connection among ships in the NCL fleet, but still "slow" by current broadband standards, slower than DSL - ok, faster than old 56k dial-up or 2.5G speed - and keep in mind your connection is subject to throttling and most likely, streaming would be horribly slow and/or blocked completely - whether you are paying for/using "unlimited" or paid by the MB/data bundle options, as offered. As I recall, it is specifically prohibited and not allowed.

Ship's business class Cisco hardware & routers provide a decent inTRAnet signal within the ship, within the closed loop. But on paid WiFi inTERnet access, ping time/latency & slow connectivity will become apparent - and, being a shared connection among possibly xxxx number of users onboard (plus ship's own navigational/crew/usage behind the scene) - my advice is to NOT expect streaming to be possible.

As for bring your own WiFi or MiFi repeater/router/AP & running your own bridge or client mode, forgetaboutit - your single device connection is already throttled to some extent on the shared satellite connection - you are just going to make it worst by dividing into 2, 3 or 4 devices and tried to get on. Feel free to bring your TP-Link or Edimax router/hotspot to run your own - take my words for it, it will be a waste of time & efforts.

Just download music/video, etc. whatever ... onto your tablets, iPads or mobile devices before leaving this Sunday, and go offline to enjoy it - pack a good set of noise

I have T-mobile and free roaming data in 140 countries. But its only at 3G speed.

My phone notification ring off the hook at 5 am and I knew I am near to shore on my recent trip.

So you can hold off 1 day of no data until you get to a foreign port.