Quick drink Question

flying fingers

I have bought drink packages in the past for the convenience of knowing what I have spent and being able to try different drinks that I would not if I were paying for them! (Have been known to leave a couple of yucky ones by the wayside).

However, I also drink soda water all day long rather than regular water. So, my question is, Are nonalcoholic drinks counted towards the 15 drinks per day limit? I may easily drink 5 a day leaving plenty of room for other drinks but I am still wondering.

Thanks

I have bought drink packages in the past for the convenience of knowing what I have spent and being able to try different drinks that I would not if I were paying for them! (Have been known to leave a couple of yucky ones by the wayside).

However, I also drink soda water all day long rather than regular water. So, my question is, Are nonalcoholic drinks counted towards the 15 drinks per day limit? I may easily drink 5 a day leaving plenty of room for other drinks but I am still wondering.

Thanks

From first hand experience, Yes.

Joanie

Maybe you would be better off if you also purchased a soda package. Soda water should be covered in that and it would be unlimited. But I never drink soda water, so I am not sure if the ship would consider that a cocktail or a soda drink. I do like to have tonic water on the rocks sometimes, but I have never tried ordering it on a ship. Since soda water is only available in bars, there may be some problem trying to get it on a soda card.

There usually is at least one bottle of soda water in your room fridge (to make a cocktail with). I believe the steward usually charges the same rate as a coke or 7-up for that. The sodas in your room are not covered on a "soda card" and would need to be paid for separately. But they would be much cheaper than loosing some of your cocktails on your package.

Maybe you would be better off if you also purchased a soda package. Soda water should be covered in that and it would be unlimited. But I never drink soda water, so I am not sure if the ship would consider that a cocktail or a soda drink. I do like to have tonic water on the rocks sometimes, but I have never tried ordering it on a ship. Since soda water is only available in bars, there may be some problem trying to get it on a soda card.

There usually is at least one bottle of soda water in your room fridge (to make a cocktail with). I believe the steward usually charges the same rate as a coke or 7-up for that. The sodas in your room are not covered on a "soda card" and would need to be paid for separately. But they would be much cheaper than loosing some of your cocktails on your package.

Hal doesn't have a soda package like princess.

Tom,

I used to buy the soda card on Princess and use it for soda water with line which was severed in a regular pool size glass as I do not like "pop" either diet or regular. The last couple of Princess cruises I bought the AIBP and never paid attention to whether I got my money's worth or how many drinks I consumed (including nonalcoholic) so I do not know how many it added up to counting coffees, soda water, etc.

I love the convenience factor of not worrying about charges being correct on bill (unless I get charged for a drink!) and not worrying about my final bill as it is all prepaid.

It sounds like soda water is not included so I may just bring along some on boarding.

Hal doesn't have a soda package like princess.

I guess you are right. They do have a Soda Fountain Value Card, and a Non-Alcoholic Beverage Card, but I don't know the details of them. I had assumed they worked the same way Princess cards work, but I guess not. The HAL website doesn't list how they work when you shop for them on "packages."

I bought the soda card on my last cruise. It did include soda water, but it does not come in a can but in a glass with ice. That is not a problem for me, but some prefer it in a can. If I remember correctly, you could get bottled water with it, but not from the attendant who sells it as you are leaving the ship.

I found it to be very convenient for me, I don't drink other pop and try to stay away from diet pop. You pay $25 for the card and receive $50 worth of soda. Our cruise was 11 days, so we had some money left over. A bartender gave us some cans to take off the boat with us.

Tom,

I used to buy the soda card on Princess and use it for soda water with line which was severed in a regular pool size glass as I do not like "pop" either diet or regular. The last couple of Princess cruises I bought the AIBP and never paid attention to whether I got my money's worth or how many drinks I consumed (including nonalcoholic) so I do not know how many it added up to counting coffees, soda water, etc.

I love the convenience factor of not worrying about charges being correct on bill (unless I get charged for a drink!) and not worrying about my final bill as it is all prepaid.

It sounds like soda water is not included so I may just bring along some on boarding.[/QUOTe

Sorry to hijack...........

.flying fingers...

My research regarding military widows rates on Celebrity brought me to your inquiry & Celebrity's response to you. I posted a ? there..but it stayed back on the '13 thread.

Did you have any success w/ military rates using discharge papers, marriage license & death certificate?

Thanks and again sorry for 'tracking you down',

Happy holidays to all here at HAL

Barbara Mc