Epic Tea &Coffee

readingfast

If you like filtered coffee (essentially black water) then it's free, but if you want something like cappucino or expresso you will have to pay for it. Our first and last paid coffee was $5.90 inc tax of 18%. Atrium cafe on Deck 5 midships is where you go, but be prepared to wait and wait and wait. Coffee is not included on your UBP nor does Epic have a coffee-card like other lines.

Your cabin has a little coffee-maker which takes coffee pads (free) but I would recommend that you take your own coffee pads and tea bags if you have a prefence for strong tea.

If you like filtered coffee (essentially black water) then it's free, but if you want something like cappucino or expresso you will have to pay for it. Our first and last paid coffee was $5.90 inc tax of 18%. Atrium cafe on Deck 5 midships is where you go, but be prepared to wait and wait and wait. Coffee is not included on your UBP nor does Epic have a coffee-card like other lines.

Your cabin has a little coffee-maker which takes coffee pads (free) but I would recommend that you take your own coffee pads and tea bags if you have a prefence for strong tea.

What did you get? I've never paid more than about $2.95 plus tip.

Never had to wait either, although I usually have my coffee from there fairly early in the day.

My wife drinks tea and I do, but only occasionally. There was always a box of a selection of tea bags in the buffet on the Epic, and when asked in the MDR the same type of selection was given to her. It was not loose leaf, specialty tea. I don't recall the brand names, but there was English Breakfast, Earl Grey, at least one white tea, at least one green tea, and several other types I can't recall. Probably 10 to 12 types.

These were all complimentary.

My wife drinks tea and I do, but only occasionally. There was always a box of a selection of tea bags in the buffet on the Epic, and when asked in the MDR the same type of selection was given to her. It was not loose leaf, specialty tea. I don't recall the brand names, but there was English Breakfast, Earl Grey, at least one white tea, at least one green tea, and several other types I can't recall. Probably 10 to 12 types.

These were all complimentary.

Hi there

Yes I agree to all of what you say but I did say that if you preferred STRONG tea then you should bring your own bags. I chose to drink tea, but the offered choices, while there were many "flavours" available they did not allow one to make a stronger cup of plain black tea - not even with two bags of "Just Black Tea" as one of the choices was so labelled.

If I remember correctly the Garden Cafe had some PG tips teabags available on top of the foil packed individual teabags (Juts black, Orange flavored black, Earl Gray, English breakfast, Lemon, Mint, etc). The foil packed tea bags were rather mild and usually I took two bags per cup.

We also just left the Epic. If you want coffee from Atrium Cafe which is better than the free coffee and have UBP , you can go to Atrium Cafe and get the coffee with alcohol such as Baileys on the side.

Can I check - does this mean Baileys coffees are free on the UBP? Happy to have all my coffees that way if it's free!!!