Only 5 hours in Nassau...

Olive

What can people suggest to do when we are only port for a few hours (from 7 am to 1 pm). We will be there on a Saturday, in case that makes any difference in terms of what will be open or not. Beach/snorkeling, historical sites, etc. are all of interest. We really just want to make the most of our brief time. There are quite a few excursions offered through the cruise line, but I'm not sure if it would be efficient in terms of time or cost to go with a cruise line tour. In the even that anyone has been on a particularly impressive tour with Royal Caribbean or Celebrity, please offer comments on any of those, as well. Thanks!

In that short a period of time, I would ONLY do a cruiseship tour. Most other tours will not fit into your timeslot.

As for an historical tour, you can pick up a guided tour at the information center, or do it on your own. I have one posted on my website at:

http://www.bahamas-treasures.com/bahamas/Walkingtour.html

If you just want a short trip to the beach, catch a cab to Paradise Island Public Beach (cabbage Beach). There's a public walkway next to the RIU. Chaises are $5 bring your own towels and snacks. (this is the same beach as Atlantis, RIU and Ocean Club)

On the way back, check out the new section of Atlantis - Marina Village. It's located along the carriageway back to the dock to pick up a ferry or taxi. (there's signs or guides everywhere).

Archived