Which is better

We have sailed on both and they each have their pros and cons. The Adventure has the promenade and ice skating, as well as a cigar lounge, plus there are more activities on board. The Jewel has the outdoor Windjammer seating and glass elevators as well as more outward facing views but food options are more limited and the Centrum can get very crowded when there are events going on. I prefer the Jewel because the balconies aren't boxed in and I love sitting outside at the Windjammmer. My husband loved the cigar lounge on the Adventure and I think the Adventure felt like it had a higher energy level. I would choose the itinerary that you want rather than basing your decision on the ship. You can't go wrong with either, they are just different.

Jewel of the seas or adventure of the seas?? And why?? Which ship is updated??

Pros and cons please

Both ships will be updated next year. Can't go wrong with either. Adventure has inside Royal Promenade, Jewel has covered Solarium.

Both ships will be updated next year. Can't go wrong with either. Adventure has inside Royal Promenade, Jewel has covered Solarium.

When are they going into dry docking? Any idea of what is being updated on each?? We want to sail December 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The balconies on Jewell are glass. On Adventure they are steel. The leave you feel more like you're in a cave that looks out on the sea. If you spend a lot of time on your balcony take the much more open feeling of the Jewell balconies into consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have sailed both. We just got off the Adventure on Saturday, and have previously sailed on the Jewel twice. We enjoyed the Jewel much more. Both are beautiful. The service was great on both. Our cabin on the Adventure had the new hard mattress. The Jewel had a the nice soft mattresses when we were on there. The Windjammer on the Adventure had much more seating; but the selection we thought was more limited, and my husband did not think it tasted as good. I recognized one of the head guys from the dining room on the adventure, and asked him which ship he had been on previously. He said the Jewel. This was his first contract on the Adventure, and he said he was going back to the Jewel next contract. I did not ask him why; but I guess he enjoyed working on the Jewel more.

If we go out of San Juan again, the Jewel will be our choice.

I think it depends on what you're looking for. I sailed on Adventure's sister ship Mariner for my high school graduation and loved all the activities and 'extras.' For my honeymoon though we opted for Jewel because of the its more intimate nature. It's not a small ship by any means it's just more refined and more romantic. If you're looking for a romantic trip go with Jewel, looking for excitement and adventure go with Adventure!