Royal Dolphin Swim / 7 Year Old

smrtypnts

I know the age requirement to do the Royal Dolphin Swim is 8 years old, but it's also a height requirement of 4ft. My nephew is 4ft, but is only 7. I have a call in to dolphin discovery and am waiting for them to call me back, but in the meantime thought I'd throw the question out there to everyone. What are the chances of being able to pass him off as 8? I mean, we wouldn't be bringing his birth certificate off the ship with us and this wouldn't be a ship excursion. So what's to stop us from simply saying he's 8?

And......how come cozumelinsider has the height requirement at 4'5" and dolphin discover has it at 4ft?

Thanks in advance.

Cozumelinsider got their info from Dolphin Discovery ~ If it has been changed it will be updated. We were told that 4.5 is a guideline but they will make exceptions for 8 year olds that are at least 4 feet tall. In the past we have been able to get exceptions for 4 foot tall 7 year olds that were participating with an adult or someone over 12 years old. Then the trainers said no more exceptions for under 8, but since then I have had an exception made. So it's just a matter of asking to find out for sure.

I would wait and see what dolphin discovery tells you.

My son did it when he was 7 ...they didn't even ask him his age. He's pretty short also so I wouldn't worry about it too much. I went with him and it was by far (for me) the best thing I've ever done. It was amazing.

He was a bit timid once he got in the water because they are much bigger than you realize. They are incredible creatures. I was amazed at how graceful they are.

I say go for it . :)

Thank you so much for this info. I really appreciate it. Their phone message said they'd return my call within 36 hours and it's been about 40 hours at this point, but so far, no return call. I'm hoping it all works out...........as then my sister, her husband and my nephew will all be able to have this wonderful experience with us.:)

Since we are in Cozumel- I called and checked with the dolphin folks here and they said it shouldn't be a problem if he is 4 feet tall and is accompanied by a participating adult (or at least someone 12 or older). I usually recommend folks to be truthful and just ask for an authorization so you don't have problems once you arrive.

Since we are in Cozumel- I called and checked with the dolphin folks here and they said it shouldn't be a problem if he is 4 feet tall and is accompanied by a participating adult (or at least someone 12 or older). I usually recommend folks to be truthful and just ask for an authorization so you don't have problems once you arrive.

Oh, thank you so much, Jacq. I wish we had booked our excursion through your site, but I did it through dolphin discovery .com and didn't get any of the benefits that you are currently giving. I will relay this info to my sister!:D

I'm so glad I found this post, as I am in the same quandry. Hoping to take my daughter whilst cruising Grandeur in December. But her 8th birthday is 7 Feb and she is 51". My son is 10 but is 52 1/2"! I'm hoping to persuade my Oz sister to treat her two boys (Oz dollar factor doesn't help much!)

There will be 4 adults and 4 children going to the park but do we all have to do the dolphin swim? Do you need one adult for each child, or can one parent accompany two kids, or even all four kids? The other children are 11 and 13 and I would say 4.5' and above.

I thought the best way was for us to take a couple of taxi's, is this the best?

Appreciate any feedback and guidance, thanks.

Archived