Drinks packages

Mary2565

Just wondering if it is worth purchasing drinks packages?

I have had a look at the packages on the Royal Caribbean site and they seem to be so expensive per day.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend anything to try?

My husband and I are not big drinkers, just like to have a cocktail when at the pool area.

Thank you

I have had a look at the packages on the Royal Caribbean site and they seem to be so expensive per day.

My husband and I are not big drinkers, just like to have a cocktail when at the pool area.

Thank you

If you are not big drinkers ,geting a drink package doesnot make sense. If you want the occasional drink, then charge them as you go

Having just come back from the 13 night voyager cruise I can say with absolute certainty that the premium package was worth it for me.

I am 30 years old and in day to day am not a big drinker but while on holidays I will party.

Its AUD $72 x 13 or around $950 for the cruise. I easily drank that much.

I would have had somewhere around 200 possibly closer to 250 drinks on the cruise. Oh and I'm never drinking again...

The convenience of not signing anything is very nice too

At least on voyager there is plenty to do even without drinking so if your not a big drinker a package isn't for you.

I just got back from a 4 night solo on Enchantment. And I'm so disgusted with the inconsistent execution of the beverage package that I've canceled my package order for my March cruise. Guest Services gave me a sheet saying the Premium package got no Gins, only Jack Daniels, and Finlandia vodka. The Ultimate package got all liquors. Well guess what, the ship doesn't carry Finlandia vodka so you get either house vodka or pay the extra .95. All cocktails are priced $10.95 and the premium package only covers up to $10 (wine up to $12). But the bartenders in the R Bar say I get all premium liquors. The R Bar never charged me the extra .95. The VCL charged me extra for chocotini's, the Pool Bar charged me the extra .95 because I asked for a Cosmo with Grey Goose before finding out it wasn't covered. Now sit down...if I ordered a Diet coke and vodka...they'd used Grey Goose!!!! And they didn't charge me! So I would preface my order with "is this covered under my premium package." To a man, they all would say yes, then I'd get the .95 charge. At the pool bar I told him to make me a cosmo that was covered. I didn't have an extra charge. That guy goes on break and I ordered another cosmo from the new guy and he tried to charge me .95. I looked quickly at the receipt and saw he had tried to ring it up as a Grand Patron. I made him correct his mistake. So I decided to stick with just wine. In the past I'd drink Conundrum which was $10 a glass which meant I'd only have to drink 6 glasses a day to break even. Well no more, they jumped Conundrum to $14 a glass. There was 1 red I tolerated at $12 a glass, a few at $11 a glass. The rest of the acceptable wines were $8-9 per glass which meant I'd have to drink way too much wine to break even. One bar man told me the extra .95 from another bar was wrong and he called his supervisor to reverse it, but it never happened. Screw it, I canceled my Select package that I had bought for next March, and I'll just take on board the 2 bottles of wine that I like.

I just got back from a 4 night solo on Enchantment. And I'm so disgusted with the inconsistent execution of the beverage package that I've canceled my package order for my March cruise. Guest Services gave me a sheet saying the Premium package got no Gins, only Jack Daniels, and Finlandia vodka. The Ultimate package got all liquors. Well guess what, the ship doesn't carry Finlandia vodka so you get either house vodka or pay the extra .95. All cocktails are priced $10.95 and the premium package only covers up to $10 (wine up to $12). But the bartenders in the R Bar say I get all premium liquors. The R Bar never charged me the extra .95. The VCL charged me extra for chocotini's, the Pool Bar charged me the extra .95 because I asked for a Cosmo with Grey Goose before finding out it wasn't covered. Now sit down...if I ordered a Diet coke and vodka...they'd used Grey Goose!!!! And they didn't charge me! So I would preface my order with "is this covered under my premium package." To a man, they all would say yes, then I'd get the .95 charge. At the pool bar I told him to make me a cosmo that was covered. I didn't have an extra charge. That guy goes on break and I ordered another cosmo from the new guy and he tried to charge me .95. I looked quickly at the receipt and saw he had tried to ring it up as a Grand Patron. I made him correct his mistake. So I decided to stick with just wine. In the past I'd drink Conundrum which was $10 a glass which meant I'd only have to drink 6 glasses a day to break even. Well no more, they jumped Conundrum to $14 a glass. There was 1 red I tolerated at $12 a glass, a few at $11 a glass. The rest of the acceptable wines were $8-9 per glass which meant I'd have to drink way too much wine to break even. One bar man told me the extra .95 from another bar was wrong and he called his supervisor to reverse it, but it never happened. Screw it, I canceled my Select package that I had bought for next March, and I'll just take on board the 2 bottles of wine that I like.

Sounds like a mess

I got the premium package which covers beer/wine/spirits/cocktails upto AUD $14 which covered everything on the ship I could find

I could order ANYTHING and didn't get charged extra.

Grey goose, gin, JW black, wines, beers, any cider's, cocktails of all kinds. I had all sorts of things.

There was no bar there was ever a confusion with.

Something I didn't mention before, was I also got 40+ bottles of water over the course of the cruise too, both while drinking and also for taking to ports and whatnot. A good value add

Edited by viperau85

Thank you

My husband and I aren't big drinkers either...We got the Royal Replenish package on our last cruise and purchased it again for our next cruise.

Our thought was if we wanted an alcoholic drink we would either buy a shot on the side or just buy the drink. We never missed the alcohol and enjoyed several frozen drinks...

Between the mocktails, water and the premium coffee, we felt it was well worth it.

This is just a list I have compiled from several posts. I am sure there are PLENTY more

Virgin drinks and Alcoholic Drinks

Make sure to tell the bartender if you want a virgin drink

Pina Coladas

Peach Coladas

Mojitos (also ask for it frozen)

Strawberry Daquiries

Mango Daquiries

Papaya Passion

Mango Tango (1/2 Pina Colada, 1/2 mango daq)

Love Connection (1/3 Pina, 1/3 Mango daq, 1/3 straw daq)

Lava Flow

Miami Vice (1/2 pina colada-1/2 strawberry daq)

Pineapple Blast (pineapple soda with red bull)

Mudslide

Flavored Lemonades (also ask for it frozen)

Rosewater Lemonade

Arnold Palmer (1/2 iced tea, 1/2 lemonade)-may be avail frozen...

Bloody Mary

Mexican Limeade in TWO70

Added

Coco Loco (available in CocoCay)

*also ask the bartender suggest or surprise you with something virgin...

Coffees and teas from the posted board at Café Promenade

Credited for the following info

Roy Rodgers (Coke + Grenadine)

Bitter Tonic (Bitters + Tonic water)

Atomic cat (Orange Juice + Tonic water)

Singapore sling (squeeze of lime, add mango, pineapple and pomegranate juice in a 1:1:2 ratio(fill 50%), add equal tonic water or fizzy water, garnish with lime and mint)

Arizona Sunset (grenadine, 50/50 sprite + OJ)

Millionaire sour (Sour + Ginger Ale + Grenadine)

Dirty Dr Pepper (Galveston cruises only; 2 parts Dr Pepper + 1 part Pina colada + squeeze of lime)

Virgin Mint Julips (Muddle mint, Lemon juice, sprite, Ginger ale)

Vanilla steamer <--avail from the coffee bar, garnish with coco powder/cinnamon, optional)

Moscow Mule (lime+ simple syrup, ginger ale/ginger beer, Club Soda)

Palauxma/Pink Cooler (Grapefruit juice, lime juice(P) or lemon juice (PC), simple syrup, Club Soda)

Cherry Bubblecake (may not be available; cherry juice, simple syrup, lemonade)

** If you want to try a bunch of different drinks, ask for them in a highball or rocks glass instead of a pint glass.

Edited by LilBlackDress