Carnival Excursions On Board Pricing

I hope you enjoy your excursion. It sounds like things worked out alright for you. On occasion, the ship's excursion isn't much more expensive than doing it on your own. Not having to hassle with all that stuff is definitely worth an extra $15. I'll tell you what. I'll be going to Sea World next week in your place.:D

If you haven't done so yet, make sure you get a chance to feed the dolphins. We did that last time, and at first we thought the price was very reasonable. And then we saw the photographers had taken amazing pictures of our kids feeding them. Wasn't so cheap anymore! :-D

We will be in Canaveral in March on a cruise and I've been watching the Seaworld Excursion because that's what we wanted to do. Today I was going in to price out our excursions and noticed that that one went from $99 to $134.99...what are the odds it will go back down? Even if we wait to book until on board?

I knew I should've just booked that one! :mad:

We will be in Canaveral in March on a cruise and I've been watching the Seaworld Excursion because that's what we wanted to do. Today I was going in to price out our excursions and noticed that that one went from $99 to $134.99...what are the odds it will go back down? Even if we wait to book until on board?

I knew I should've just booked that one! :mad:

Yeah, I noticed that price increase also. Actually, it was such a jump, I wasn't sure whether the price really increased or it was faulty memory. Thanks for confirming I don't have early senility.

That price increase helped nudge me to Kennedy also.

Yeah' date=' I noticed that price increase also. Actually, it was such a jump, I wasn't sure whether the price really increased or it was faulty memory. Thanks for confirming I don't have early senility.

That price increase helped nudge me to Kennedy also.[/quote']

Nope not just you! I know that price is making me look at other options now, but not sure what else to do.

Nope not just you! I know that price is making me look at other options now, but not sure what else to do.

For our cruise, Aquatica is still $99. They are owned by the same company as Sea World, and it is an AMAZING water park. I think March would be warm enough in FL for it, and shouldn't be too crowded to experience the whole park in the time you have. And, unlike "dry" theme parks, when it's time for the bus to leave, you probably wouldn't want to stay that much longer anyway.

One of their highlights is a clear tube slide the runs through a dolphin tank.

We considered it, but the high on Jan 13 is forecast to only be 66 in Orlando. One of the reasons we waited till the last minute to decide was to see if it was going to be warm enough for Aquatica. Didn't think it was going to be, so we didn't really consider it to be a realistic option. But March might be OK.

For our cruise' date=' Aquatica is still $99. They are owned by the same company as Sea World, and it is an AMAZING water park. I think March would be warm enough in FL for it, and shouldn't be too crowded to experience the whole park in the time you have. And, unlike "dry" theme parks, when it's time for the bus to leave, you probably wouldn't want to stay that much longer anyway.

One of their highlights is a clear tube slide the runs through a dolphin tank.

We considered it, but the high on Jan 13 is forecast to only be 66 in Orlando. One of the reasons we waited till the last minute to decide was to see if it was going to be warm enough for Aquatica. Didn't think it was going to be, so we didn't really consider it to be a realistic option. But March might be OK.[/quote']

I did see that was still $99. I've never been there so wasn't sure how it would be or if it was worth the trip, so thanks for the insight! I'll have to talk to my group and see what they think.

Carnival does discount excursions onboard without reimbursing anyone. I have even heard the cruise director announce in the morning of a port that price drops were available for excursions that day. I wouldn't gamble on that if there is something you really want to do, but if you don't mind taking whatever is available that might be a way to get a discount on something.

For the theme parks, I generally recommend people avoid doing them on an excursion just because you pay full price for a half day. The big exception is during January and February. The parks are fairly quiet (they are never empty) where the lines for attractions are only a few minutes if any. A sunny 70 degree day is very nice for running the parks without all the crowds and long lines.

The last time we were in canaveral we got to port and realized how much it would cost us with a taxi or bus just to leave the port, we decided to stay on the ship that day. We didnt have any excursions planned, and we felt silly spending money on a cab just to spend money to shop..

I now live in FL, so seeing a lot of those attractions at a port arent too appealing when I can drive down and enjoy them over a weekend.They are a good distance from the Port.

Its crazy how much they charge you to go to Disney for a few hours..just my 2 cents..

If I do go back I will book one of NASA excursions, since I can see Orlando another time. My family actually bought season passes to Legoland its about an hour from Orlando but more affordble :)

That is why I haven't booked anything yet for that day just because I'm not sure about the theme parks due to the travel back and forth and having restricted time in general.

I'll browse other options or maybe we'll just stay on board that day. But after 2 days at sea we may be ready to get off and do something.