Galveston Checkin Times Changed

dhaza

We choose a 10:30 checking check in time and when the 10:00 slot became available we switched. We printed out our boarding pass and says on the pass “Check In Time 10:00 AM” .

Now I check my docs today and they say “Embarkation 12:30PM to 3:00PM”, since printing it has changed from a 10:00 check in to 12:30 to 3:00PM Embarkation. I not going to reprint and use my current ones with 10:00 on it so is there a list they go by or just look at your passes?

You cannot get on the ship until everyone is off the ship from the previous cruise. So even if you check IN, you cannot get ON.

No kidding!!!! My last cruise was on the Allure with 5400+ passengers and I arrived just as the doors opened at 10:30 and was on the ship before 11:00. Seems like it would be a similar experience on Freedom since there is less than 3000 passengers.

No kidding!!!! My last cruise was on the Allure with 5400+ passengers and I arrived just as the doors opened at 10:30 and was on the ship before 11:00. Seems like it would be a similar experience on Freedom since there is less than 3000 passengers.

Our two cruises out of Galveston we were getting on the ship before noon. BUT the ships had been in port already by 8am and most of the people on these Galveston ships are Texas natives, so they drive to port. Those people are in a hurry to get off and drive home.

Our cruise out of Miami we saw people still getting off the ship at noon, so it was at least 12:30 before we started getting onboard. Most of those people were flying out, so took their time.

We choose a 10:30 checking check in time and when the 10:00 slot became available we switched. We printed out our boarding pass and says on the pass “Check In Time 10:00 AM” .

Now I check my docs today and they say “Embarkation 12:30PM to 3:00PM”, since printing it has changed from a 10:00 check in to 12:30 to 3:00PM Embarkation. I not going to reprint and use my current ones with 10:00 on it so is there a list they go by or just look at your passes?

Key here is Embarkation time, that is a general window. Your check in time is when you'll be allowed to enter the terminal, check in and then board once boarding starts.

If your check in is 10-1030 that is when you'll be able to enter terminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by troublemaker256

I say use the original docs that says 10:00 BUT... it is possible that the ship is coming back late OR they are aware of an inspection that is going to take place that day perhaps being the reason why your boarding time was changed....

When I cruised out of Galveston earlier this month, they only checked the printed boarding pass I had, and then they let me in the terminal.

Hope that answers your question.

Key here is Embarkation time, that is a general window. Your check in time is when you'll be allowed to enter the terminal, check in and then board once boarding starts.

If your check in is 10-1030 that is when you'll be able to enter terminal.

Check in time no longer appears on the board pass, only the embarkation time of 12:00 to 3:00. We are doing a park and cruise and they have one free shuttle to the terminal leaving around 10:00 so I knew I would be OK. I had back surgery in Oct and still under doctors orders not to stand more than 1 hour and don't want to have stand around out side the terminal. Seating in the waiting area after check in is fine. Guess I will have to call see what can be done or change my plans and use the parking at the port.

Edited by dhaza

Guess next question is what port? Only Galveston and NOLA are using check in times so far. We have 3 booked from Galveston and all 3 have them on our booking summary, but you are right it disappeared from our boarding pass for our April Liberty Cruise. Haven't made final pmt on other 2, so can't look at boarding pass for them. Guess I'm lucky I already printed our boarding pass out.

Edited by troublemaker256

Guess next question is what port? Only Galveston and NOLA are using check in times so far. We have 3 booked from Galveston and all 3 have them on our booking summary, but you are right it disappeared from our boarding pass for our April Liberty Cruise. Haven't made final pmt on other 2, so can't look at boarding pass for them. Guess I'm lucky I already printed our boarding pass out.

We are going out of Galveston on the 9th of Jan 2016 on the Freedom and just notice this change today - Printed my boarding pass little over week ago and they have Check in time of 10:00 and the ones that are on the site now boarding time was replaced with embarkation time of 12:00 to 3:00. If they said that in the beginning I would of made different plans that had me arriving after 12:00. Just check my second cruise on 17 Jan 2016 on Magic and it was changed also.

Edited by dhaza

Check in time no longer appears on the board pass, only the embarkation time of 12:00 to 3:00. We are doing a park and cruise and they have one free shuttle to the terminal leaving around 10:00 so I knew I would be OK. I had back surgery in Oct and still under doctors orders not to stand more than 1 hour and don't want to have stand around out side the terminal. Seating in the waiting area after check in is fine. Guess I will have to call see what can be done or change my plans and use the parking at the port.

Wrong I think, I just printed my March 5th-Freedom, 10-10:30 was on my boarding pass. Platinum & Premier Players, no problem.

Edited by texast518

Wrong I think, I just printed my March 5th-Freedom, 10-10:30 was on my boarding pass. Platinum & Premier Players, no problem.

There another person above with the same problem and here is pic of mine with just the name deleted

borading.jpg.9b31906b5729c681c3b28925f5056865.jpg

Edited by dhaza

There another person above with the same problem and here is pic of mine with just the name deleted

I dont doubt you just telling you about mine, do not know how to send a picture, MAYBE all the earlier times were taken. Sorry, San Juan -Gal, not there since Gal departures. Tom

Edited by texast518

I dont doubt you just telling you about mine, do not know how to send a picture, MAYBE all the earlier times were taken. Tom

I had 10:00 till checked today and I have printed board pass about 10 days ago that don't have embarkation on it but a Check It time of 10:00AM. Hope they don't want till 18 days before you leave to change yours. If they said 12:00 in back in Oct when books wouldn't been big deal. Since this is my first Carnival Cruise maybe is just us low class red carders that are getting bumped.

Edited by dhaza

Just check mine and 12:30-3:00 too. Still show 11:00-11:30 on all the online places but luggage tags and boarding do not have times.

Sorry, maybe call Carnival and ask if earlier times taken, they only allow so many for each 30 mins

Edited by texast518

I had 10:00 till checked today and I have one that printed board pass about 10 days ago that don't have embarkation on it but a Check It time of 10:00AM. Hope they don't want till 18 days before you leave to change yours. If they said 12:00 in back in Oct when books wouldn't been big deal. Since this is my first Carnival Cruise maybe is just us low class red carders that are getting bumped.

Check in time is what this is, not boarding time.

Thanks for posting. I leave in 2 days & after reading this, I checked mine, too. It had been 12:30-1, but now it says 12:30-3:00 PM.

Wonder if their check-in times idea didn't work out as they'd hoped.... Maybe everyone signed up for 10 AM. (I would have done that, too, if I lived nearby. But I have a late flight & then a transfer, so I can't get there before noon.)

Check in time is what this is, not boarding time.

That not the point - all of our plans including a free shuttle puts there before 11:00. I have had back surgery Oct 30 this year and can't stand for more than hour by doctors orders and don't want to wait out side the terminal. Sitting inside the terminal is fine. I just have to change my plans 18 days prior to leaving find a different way to get the terminal for fee and sit around the hotel lobby since checkout is 11:00AM

Edited by dhaza

That not the point - all of our plans including a free shuttle puts there before 11:00. I have had back surgery Oct 30 this year and can't stand for more than hour by doctors orders and don't want to wait out side the terminal. Sitting inside the terminal is fine. I just have to change my plans 18 days prior to leaving find a different way to get the terminal for fee and sit around the hotel lobby since checkout is 11:00AM

I believe they let handicap on anytime.

Called and they are looking into why mine and others boarding pass are showing Embarkation times instead of Check in times.

I call the hotel and they allowed me to cancel my stay and park and they had a waiting list so the waived the cancelation fee. Now we are going to stay in a hotel in Alvin, TX and we are going to park in the parking lot across from the terminal. So much for trying planning ahead! Now it up to us to decided when to show up.

Edited by dhaza

I think there is just a glitch in the system right now. When I look at my details page, it still shows 10:00 - 10:30 Check in but the actual boarding pass now says 12:00 - 3:00. It has also removed my Gold status and changed it to an N. Another thread said they had talked to IT and Carnival is working on it. Check again in a few days.

I think there is just a glitch in the system right now. When I look at my details page, it still shows 10:00 - 10:30 Check in but the actual boarding pass now says 12:00 - 3:00. It has also removed my Gold status and changed it to an N. Another thread said they had talked to IT and Carnival is working on it. Check again in a few days.

I think you might be right that just a glitch but we change hotels from on the beach with overall customer rating of 3.5 to one 45 minutes away in Alvin TX with overall customer rating of 4.8 and cheaper. Plus we are going to park at the port which puts us in control of when we arrive and don't have to hunt down shuttle when we get off the ship.

Edited by dhaza