Guaranteed or saver

brighstation

Hi

I am looking to book a cruise at short notice and Cunard website is showing availability for Guaranteed (Cunard fare) or Saver both unfortunately for inside cabins and everything else is sold out so these are the only two options. My preferred dining option is on waiting list

There is only £40 difference so this is not really a factor, any advantages / disadvantages to either option?

Thanks

The advantages of one vs. the other are here:

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/before-you-sail/fare_types

With the Cunard fare you will be able to pick from the remining insides and have first priority on first or late seating. Saver fares give you no choice for either.

If dining time is important to you then spend the 40GBP and have some choice in the matter.

The Britannia Maitre D' has a fare code on his screen and if there are many requests for changes in dining time those paying full freight will have priority.

If the difference is so small I would go for the Cunard fare, there is no disadvantage I can think of.

I'd agree but it's amazing what some will go throuh to "save a few quid"! On another board somebody cancelled and rebooked to save....$20. When asked why she would go the that much trouble for so little her response was "Hey! That's two drinks!" :confused:

Thanks

Sorry if I did not make it clear, there is only guaranteed left under the Cunard fare. i.e there is no cabin option.

I think I will go with the Cunard fare even though I will still not be able to select a cabin or have my preferred dining option.

Regards

Oh well it looks like it was not to be.

Just went through the booking, got a message saying there was a problem with the booking and only got confirmation for 1 of the 2 cabins we wanted. Now the Cunard website is saying trip is no longer available so I guess when I call tomorrow they will say there is/was only one cabin and the trip is sold out :((