I need help - Empress of the Seas or Brilliance of the Seas

mpoole3

Okay this is the first time I've asked for help on bookings, but I can't make up my mind.

I'm booked on a 5 night + 4 night Brilliance of the seas B2B.(March 26 & 31) I'm in a Solo Cabin (single C&A points = 9 points) and my out the door price for both legs is $863

They are sailing to Key West, Cozumel, and Cozumel (leg 2)

I'm looking at the new openings on Empress of the Seas 5 nights + 3 night (March 30 & April 4). Price out the door $681 for a standard inside cabin (16 C&A points)

They are sailing to Key West, Grand Cayman / Nassau, & Coco Cay (leg 2)

Honestly the savings of $200 is not a big factor, but something about trying their new refreshed ship is exciting. I really need some input here, what would you do? I also do live blogs and being able to share my trip on a brand new ship, with VOOM sounds fun to me.

The Brilliance is larger with plenty of views of the ocean. As far as Itinerary, I like the Empress one but in selecting ships I would go with the Brilliance ( Radiance Class )The Empress is an older ship and of the Sovereign Class.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

My first thought was stick with Brilliance, because she's a bigger ship with more options.

But after reading over your whole post, Empress wouldn't be off the table for me. She would be a new ship for you. Her refurbishments look nice (there's a rendering of a JS floating around somewhere). Price is cheaper.

But you're losing 1 night. That's never a good thing, but I guess that might not really make a difference.

I guess it comes down to personal preference. I'd probably end up sticking with Brilliance, just because she's a bigger (probably better) ship.

Also, you're kind of going in blind on this though. No one knows how Empress is really going to turn out, at least at this point. Personally, I would tend to be a little worried about being on Empress' first couple sailings, just because you never know what might happen.

Definitely a tough call. I guess I don't really have a definitive answer.

With your blogging and such, I would go with the Empress she's a great ship and you sharing your thoughts I am sure people will love to hear. Heck maybe we can get you to put a few words on CC.

LOL, I've been "thinking" about posting my content back on CC. Only problem is I LIVE blog on other site, so I would have to go back and post past tense content.

My first thought was stick with Brilliance, because she's a bigger ship with more options.

But after reading over your whole post, Empress wouldn't be off the table for me. She would be a new ship for you. Her refurbishments look nice (there's a rendering of a JS floating around somewhere). Price is cheaper.

But you're losing 1 night. That's never a good thing, but I guess that might not really make a difference.

I guess it comes down to personal preference. I'd probably end up sticking with Brilliance, just because she's a bigger (probably better) ship.

Also, you're kind of going in blind on this though. No one knows how Empress is really going to turn out, at least at this point. Personally, I would tend to be a little worried about being on Empress' first couple sailings, just because you never know what might happen.

Definitely a tough call. I guess I don't really have a definitive answer.

I love everything you said, it's all about how I fell. 1 less night at sea is never a good thing. I agree with you there is so little we know about the Empress right now, just unlimited bubbles. I'm going to sleep on it and decided tomorrow.

If it were B2B's in May or June I'd be less hesitant, but first and second sailing straight out of dry dock and back into the fleet, no thanks.

I guess I was just excited about being on the "first sailing" but really it's not the first, she has been around for 20 years.

I guess I was just excited about being on the "first sailing" but really it's not the first, she has been around for 20 years.

As a general rule, avoid any ship straight out of drydock. Better than not chance things won't be finished.

then add in the fact you either have a crew that is totally new to the ship and / or crew that has managed to switch over to RCI but is used to totally different clientele and operating procedures.

I'd like to go on Empress also to see it because I love ships, but I'd let someone else be the guinea pig. Once it is in the swing of things try a 4 or 5 day itinerary on it. The prices are good. But it is a SMALL ship and might get boring on a b2b

I would say the Empress. You have a great blog, and the ports are a ton nicer. the Brilliance will for sure be in Tampa for a while, and you could always hop on. You never know how this is going to turn out for Royal, or where the Empress could end up (as in Asia or the West Coast). If I were you, I would choose Empress. The extra C&A points are a plus as well.

I would say the Empress. You have a great blog, and the ports are a ton nicer. the Brilliance will for sure be in Tampa for a while, and you could always hop on. You never know how this is going to turn out for Royal, or where the Empress could end up (as in Asia or the West Coast). If I were you, I would choose Empress. The extra C&A points are a plus as well.

Thanks for the kinds words.

I was really leaning to the Empress, until I saw that picture of how small she is, wow! The extra C&A points 9 vs 14 would be really nice, but the perks are not that great from D to D+.

Only reason I was leaning to Empress, was the ports are great, the Voom internet, and to BLOG for everyone else.

Only reason I was leaning to Empress, was the ports are great, the Voom internet, and to BLOG for everyone else.

What about cancelling your B2B's on Brilliance and doing a combination of Empress and Enchantment from Miami in May or June? Or even just a 4 or 5 night sailing (non b2b) on Empress?

I agree, the port choices are nice.

Too bad there is no 4 day run with 2 sea days and 1 day at labadee. I'd book that twice. :D

Do you have one with a Radiance Class against the Oasis and showing all 3. The Radiance class ships are roughly 962 feet long and 90,000 tons.

I'll keep scouring the interwebs.

Here is Allure next to Norwegian Pearl (directly next to it). That ship is 965 feet and 93K tons.

cr11544.jpg

Thanks for the kinds words.

I was really leaning to the Empress, until I saw that picture of how small she is, wow! The extra C&A points 9 vs 14 would be really nice, but the perks are not that great from D to D+.

Good things come in small packages! I mean, she's no Oasis. She's no Freedom, or Navigator or Voyager or Brilliance. She will probably just have a few pools and loungers, and the usual day time activities for the sea days. At night, she will become a party boat. I wouldn't count her out because she's smaller, it might surprise you.

What about cancelling your B2B's on Brilliance and doing a combination of Empress and Enchantment from Miami in May or June? Or even just a 4 or 5 night sailing (non b2b) on Empress?

I agree, the port choices are nice.

Too bad there is no 4 day run with 2 sea days and 1 day at labadee. I'd book that twice. :D

I must do something, now my Fall is Wide open for something. Looking to book a 6,7,8 day cruise for Sept time frame. That's a good idea.