Caribbean Hurricane season

We are seriously considering booking Tropical Escape on Discovery from 29.10.16 but my only concern is the weather.

I thought hurricane season was before Christmas sometime so have googled it, and it comes back as officially June 1 to Nov 30 with peak months Aug, Sept and Oct. Dream went out 19.12.15 and Celebration on 5.11.15 so it is possible it has all calmed down by the time they get over there.

Can anyone who has done one of the repositioning cruises to the Caribbean let me know what the weather was like please?

Cheers.

Gill.

We did one on the Dream leaving about the third week in November and flying back mid December so about three weeks later than the dates you're looking at and the weather was good in the Caribbean. We've never had poor weather whenever we've gone (on different trips that's included Dec, Jan, Feb and March) although you will already know that you are likely to get a short sharp shower at any time really. But it's short lived and you dry out very quickly! A local on Grenada was telling us though that they are getting showers through the season now when a few years back they never would have. Perhaps changing patterns as we seem to be experiencing too.

Our friends did a cruise to the Caribbean in November picking up the ship from NY about 5th Nov iirc. They were with us in the Caribbean in late Jan/early Feb earlier in the year and although we had good weather, we did have a 3/4 showers during the holiday although it didn't affect us much at all. (We did have quite a number of deluges early evening and overnight when on board but again didn't bother us.) Our friends said the weather had been more settled and the evenings more balmy (no rain for a start!) on this last trip such that they intend to do the Caribbean in November again in future rather than early in the new year.

But I guess it could be different again another year! I would be happy to go to the Caribbean anytime from Nov-March. Very, very happy. We just love it! ;)

Edited by kruzseeka

I didn't wait. We were out to the hospital this morning to get my sling off the broken arm at last, and made the decision to go for it, so went to TA and don't mind paying the £25 to get the price matched, like to pop in to talk to them and they are helpful printing tickets etc. Very much on a high as I too love the Caribbean islands. This is the first time we have got the free drinks package, so will do some sampling on the 6 sea days. Really happy to be cruising on the last of the current fleet we hadn't been on too. No longer worried.

Ray says a hurricane would be something else to tick off the bucket list. Hmmm. Wonder what else he has on there. Don't mind warm rain in the short sharp showers over there.

It is something else we had on the bucket list. A friend is doing one now for a month with Saga, and he is getting free wifi so we are getting his reports and as he is going from and back to Southampton he will have a lot more sea days, and he is having a great time.