Hate to say it, but giving up FTTF...

stressedmomof3

We were lucky enough to book our Breeze cruise out of Galveston last summer and lucky enough ( or so I thought) to book the FTTF as soon as it opened up. We really loved the FTTF feature of going straight through the lines, boarding and then getting to the room. It really worked out well and worth the money in our eyes when we used it on our last cruise on the Magic with 3 kids.We were able to drop off drinks, change clothes so kids could swim and get settled all before having lunch.

BUT, now being notified of picking a check in time, for my family, I really don't see the point of keeping the FTTF. We picked the check in time of 10:30, so FTTF not needed there. Can't bring water onboard anymore- so FTTF not needed there. We have a excursion booked for Belize now, so FTTF not needed there either. Having the room ready early- questionable as this time we have a medical reason we need one of the rooms thoroughly cleaned and it probably will not be ready when we board with or without FTTF. So the only real perks for us would be front of the line at customer service or debarking early.

So, looks like I will be cancelling 2 rooms with FTTF. Never thought I would say this, but thinking booking early and having the staggard check in is actually saving my family a couple bucks to spend elsewhere -at least on this trip anyways.

It's $120 saved so I understand. All good reasons to not have FTTF, but think about that long GS line and the frustration that comes with waiting behind others who want to argue or talk with GS about every little thing for 30+ minutes. Plus being called as one of the first groups to embark, the dedicated check in line/phone, cabin being ready and luggage being prioritize are great to have.

Are you not able to board at anytime with fttf even with assigned boardings????

Yes, you are. You still have to pick a time, but you can show up whenever.

From Carnival FAQ's:

Guests who are part of our Priority Program (Diamond, Platinum and suites), have purchased transfers with Carnival or 'Faster to the Fun' must still select a window online, but are invited to come at their leisure, up to one (1) hour prior to sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's $120 saved so I understand. All good reasons to not have FTTF, but think about that long GS line and the frustration that comes with waiting behind others who want to argue or talk with GS about every little thing for 30+ minutes. Plus being called as one of the first groups to embark, the dedicated check in line/phone, cabin being ready and luggage being prioritize are great to have.

As a platinum guest, I've never cared about any of this except to get in line ahead of the others and self debarkation. For self debarkation, it doesn't matter what your status is. I've always thought FTTF was a big money grab for Carnival.

Yes, you are. You still have to pick a time, but you can show up whenever.

From Carnival FAQ's:

Guests who are part of our Priority Program (Diamond, Platinum and suites), have purchased transfers with Carnival or 'Faster to the Fun' must still select a window online, but are invited to come at their leisure, up to one (1) hour prior to sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am under the impression that the check in times don't affect FTTF. Because with FTTF you can arrive as early as you want and go on thru the lines.

As a platinum guest, I've never cared about any of this except to get in line ahead of the others and self debarkation. For self debarkation, it doesn't matter what your status is. I've always thought FTTF was a big money grab for Carnival.

We were offered priority, early debark in the Conquest. Earlier than self assist.

Yes, we could board any time with FTTF, BUT if you select the 10:30 am boarding time, you can get in line any time also. So say if you arrive at 10:30 for your boarding time as does someone with FTTF, what is being reported is right after they call the Diamond/Plat and FTTF, the 10:30 am boarding people go next. Thus eliminating the need for FTTF if you are primarily using it to board early.People are reporting that it is only like a 10 minute difference in boarding here in Galveston.

Are you not able to board at anytime with fttf even with assigned boardings????

Yes, but their assigned time is 10:30 and FTTF probably wouldn't get them on board much earlier than that.

OP - I see what you're saying - glad it worked out to your advantage!

Agreed. as a carnival stock owner I'm glad to see the FTTF program. I think back to all those cruises before I was Platinum. I stood inline to board the ship. I never minded. To me that was part of the cruise experience . I would have never paid for the FTTF program. Back than upgrades were fee too if you were lucky enough to get the call. I leave for the Pride on Saturday. its my last platinum cruise. In February I sail on the Sunshine and I'm moving on up like George Jefferson to the next level. I'll bet in a year or two Carnival will roll back some of the diamond perks for diamond plus. I'll bet 500 cruise days will get you the diamond plus card.

This past cruise on Conquest, we arrived late at port due to massive traffic issues. I was so happy to have FTTF because we were sent to a nominally short line compared to the regular line for security. Then we were sent to a nominally short line for our sign and sail cards. Got on board right after that. It would have been a lot of standing around, pushing our carry on bags ahead of us especially since we arrive so late to port. I'm glad you have a 10:30 check in time so you probably won't have to deal with long lines.

Guest Services, I always walked up to my designated spot and was handled promptly. Nice benefit as well.

Best $50 I spent on that cruise (before the increase in FTTF)!

Platinum is able to self-debark earlier than everyone.

I have never understood this. I see a lot of posts as to what level they are that gets to go to Zone 1-2 whatever, in other words, 1st, to debark. We have cruised with and without FTTF, and have just simply, (self assist), left the ship. I have never known of or bothered with, times or zones. Never has been a problem, and as we leave as soon as docked, rarely see anyone else.

I have never understood this. I see a lot of posts as to what level they are that gets to go to Zone 1-2 whatever, in other words, 1st, to debark. We have cruised with and without FTTF, and have just simply, (self assist), left the ship. I have never known of or bothered with, times or zones. Never has been a problem, and as we leave as soon as docked, rarely see anyone else.

This is true also with FTTF having an early debarkation. Unfortunately, due to Carnival's restructuring of handing out purchased alcohol, we were not able to utilize our FTTF earlier benefit. Total snafu on Carnival's part. I hope Carnival returns to the delivery of purchased liquor the night before to your cabin.

This is true also with FTTF having an early debarkation. Unfortunately, due to Carnival's restructuring of handing out purchased alcohol, we were not able to utilize our FTTF earlier benefit. Total snafu on Carnival's part. I hope Carnival returns to the delivery of purchased liquor the night before to your cabin.

They really should. We, however, stopped buying liquor from the shops, before this new pick up system, when they started, (in Texas) charging tax on your liquor purchases. What is the point? when it is no longer, duty free? So, we just get up, shower, dress and leave. I have had enough "eating away from home" by that time and just want to go home. (And plan my next cruise!):)

We were on the Imagination earlier this month. Even with a smaller ship the FTTF was well worth the extra just for the GS Line! Long waits and not enough staff behind the desk, will keep me buying this perk.:)

Have you ever thought that they cut back on GS just so guests buy this perk? Keep smiling while you open that wallet and Carnival laughs all the way to the bank. I rarely ever use GS.

Agreed. as a carnival stock owner I'm glad to see the FTTF program. I think back to all those cruises before I was Platinum. I stood inline to board the ship. I never minded. To me that was part of the cruise experience . I would have never paid for the FTTF program. Back than upgrades were fee too if you were lucky enough to get the call. I leave for the Pride on Saturday. its my last platinum cruise. In February I sail on the Sunshine and I'm moving on up like George Jefferson to the next level. I'll bet in a year or two Carnival will roll back some of the diamond perks for diamond plus. I'll bet 500 cruise days will get you the diamond plus card.

Well, Carnival should charge an extra $100 to get the same perks Diamond guests get. Why stop with FTTF? Why not get guests to pay an extra $50 to get priority debarkation at tendered ports? The FTTW (faster to your wallet) is endless for Carnival. Airlines do this but it's a big rip off as well and I tell them so.