Sanctuary of Truth, Pattaya, Thailand

timetravellers

We would like to ride some elephants while we are in Thailand and I have read somewhere that we can do this at the Sanctuary of Truth, near Pattaya.

Is this correct?

If so, is there a queue to ride them and do they have seats? Not sure, we could manage bareback!

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

We were on a Princess shore excursion to the Sanctuary of Truth a year ago and it was an amazing experience but we both do not remember seeing any elephants there!

We walked around quite a lot and saw the wood carvers, the temple and the gardens but didn't even see a sign referring to elephants either.

We have just returned from there and there were 2 elephants there with chains around their feet so I presume they were for riding. There was certainly no queue and there were plenty of people working there who you could ask about the elephants.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Thailand 2 years ago. We took the tour to the Tiger Zoo instead. There we were able to ride the Elephants, hold the tigers and crocs. They also had some nice shows . It was great. Afterwards, we were dropped off in Pattiya. It was an "interesting" place to walk during the day. I would not want to walk at night except maybe by the waterfront. The ship then had a shuttle back to the ship from there.

We were in Thailand 2 years ago. We took the tour to the Tiger Zoo instead. There we were able to ride the Elephants, hold the tigers and crocs. They also had some nice shows . It was great. Afterwards, we were dropped off in Pattiya. It was an "interesting" place to walk during the day. I would not want to walk at night except maybe by the waterfront. The ship then had a shuttle back to the ship from there.

That sounds lovely.

Was this a ships tour? Did you ride the elephants bareback or did they have seats?

That sounds lovely.

Was this a ships tour? Did you ride the elephants bareback or did they have seats?

They had a seat, and you boarded them from a high staircase. They also sold bananas to feed them.

At the Tiger Zoo, there was a croc show that was amazing, as well as a tiger show that was great.

Hope you enjoy it.

They had a seat, and you boarded them from a high staircase. They also sold bananas to feed them.

At the Tiger Zoo, there was a croc show that was amazing, as well as a tiger show that was great.

Hope you enjoy it.

Thank you for that information. I shall have a look for that.