BEST Beach with kids...

mamax4

in Nassau for about 4 hours. Kids 7 to 14, they like to body surf and snorkel from the beach. Price is a concern as there are 6 kids and 4 adults.

Any experts out there with the answer> P L E A S E H E L P !!!

Just grab a cab($4pp) or ferry ($3) over to Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island There's a public walkway next to the RIU, just a few meters from Atlantis. Walk up over the dune and down to the public beach. You can rent a chaise or umbrella, get a drink from the coconut man, get a massage from the local ladies on the beach, jet ski, parasail (add'l cost) etc.

Bring your own towels. There are no restrooms or other amenities.

BTW.. the ferry is more interesting than a cab, but might take a little longer, and you'll have to walk the carriageway to the beach entrance. To get back, either grab a cab from the RIU hotel entrance or head to the ferry dock under the bridge. There are plenty of signs and guides to show you the way... just ask. It's very easy.

are there any snack stands or restaurants in the area?

The hotels in the area are either restricted or All-inclusive.

There are however vendors on the beach, and I'm told they are supposed to put together a snak stand at some point. Not sure if it's done yet.

are there any snack stands or restaurants in the area?

The hotels in the area are either restricted or All-inclusive.

There are however vendors on the beach, and I'm told they are supposed to put together a snak stand at some point. Not sure if it's done yet.

Did I read that there are NO BATHROOMS??? Am I the only one that thinks this is kind of a problem? How can there be no bathrooms? What does one do without a bathroom for 4 hours ... and don't imply that the ocean is the bathroom- Yuck!

Did I read that there are NO BATHROOMS??? Am I the only one that thinks this is kind of a problem? How can there be no bathrooms? What does one do without a bathroom for 4 hours ... and don't imply that the ocean is the bathroom- Yuck!

It's just a public beach with some local vendors. The nearby hotels are all-inclusive or restricted, so there are NO bathroom priveleges.

Yes, this could be a problem.

Cable Beach is a different story, at the moment, you're allowed to use the bathrooms as well as loungers at either the Wyndham or Nassau Beach Hotels.

This may change next year when the Cable Beach Complex gets underway.

Archived