Crazy question

NiceAunt

Greetings from a first time RC cruiser. We are booked on the now maiden voyage of Harmony of the Seas on June 12th out of Barcelona. The ship was supposed to have its maiden voyage in April. What happens if you have a reservation on a ship like HOS and it is not finished in time, such as those who booked for the April or May cruise? Our Christmas morning breakfast discussion! Thanks!

That's what we thought...but weren't sure. After we saw it was not going to be ready as planned in April, then May, we got to wondering. The trip is planned around the start of my nephews summer job, so hopefully will be fine. We are excited!

We booked NCL's Pride of America while it was still being built. It was damaged badly by a storm. (The hull was wide open during construction and, basically, it sank.) The cruise line substituted another ship, the Pride of Aloha and it was before final payment anyway. We were okay with the substitution but it did confirm my habit of always buying my insurance from a third party, not the cruiseline. Part of what you insuring against is non-performance by the cruiseline. Not sure what would have happened if we did not want to accept the substitution and we had bought our insurance through NCL.

Greetings from a first time RC cruiser. We are booked on the now maiden voyage of Harmony of the Seas on June 12th out of Barcelona. The ship was supposed to have its maiden voyage in April. What happens if you have a reservation on a ship like HOS and it is not finished in time, such as those who booked for the April or May cruise? Our Christmas morning breakfast discussion! Thanks!

This happened to us several years ago on another cruise line. We were booked on the first cruise for the Oosterdam (HAL) in July and it wasn't ready. HAL offered to change our cruise to when it was going to be ready, but our work schedules couldn't be changed. So HAL was able to switch us to another ship that was doing the same cruise ports during the time we needed. That ship was their oldest in the fleet and it was not in good shape. In fact, we ended up being evacuated from it due to a fire when we were in Arhaus, Denmark. Luckily, that was our last port so the cruise just ended on a negative note. I will be curious to see what RCCL offers you.

I couldn't resist. :). It is unlikely that the ship won't be finished on time. However, in the event that it isn't finished, those who have booked will either be given a full refund or a choice of an alternative cruise.

The other possibility is that the ship won't be totally completed but they will still put it into service and those folks get a cruise with venues not open and having to endure ongoing work projects.

The other possibility is that the ship won't be totally completed but they will still put it into service and those folks get a cruise with venues not open and having to endure ongoing work projects.

That is a fair point. I heard rumours that cruisers will be required to work shifts in order to speed up the completion. ;)