Castaway Cay Cabanas NOT listed????

ajoneen

I can not find the Castaway Cay Cabanas listed ANYWHERE on the Disney Cruise Line website. Even the map of the island does not have them Listed (they show little pictures of them without a listing/number)

I have seen them listed before but they are GONE now.

Whats up with that?? Any insight?? Thanks

The booking window isn't open yet so they are not sold out.

Calm down!

Maybe they have removed them because so many people get their hopes up they will get one, when in fact you have to be Concierge or Platinum to usually be able to get one, or very lucky.

They are still there and when the booking window opens then they are shown.

Read more about the numbering here:

http://www.themagicforless.com/tmflblog/2015/07/disneys-castaway-cay-cabana-18-family-beach/

and numbers for the cabanas on the pictures go from right to left then up to the Serenity Bay each.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

I am Concierge.

My problem is that I was not able to contact Shoreside Concierge before my booking window opens, tonight at midnight. So I guess I have to stay up and try to book myself.

(well I sent an email today, but with the Holiday they are closed)

Edited by ajoneen

I am Concierge.

My problem is that I was not able to contact Shoreside Concierge before my booking window opens, tonight at midnight. So I guess I have to stay up and try to book myself.

(well I sent an email today, but with the Holiday they are closed)

You will get a Cabana as a Concierge Guest.

Possibly not exactly the one you want, but you WILL get one.

ex techie

ex techie

THANKS for the quick response! I can head to bed now.

We're hosting youngsters and oldsters so I was concerned with napping area. As long as they have quiet, soft, shaded areas we are golden! Location is not the first priority.

THANKS for the quick response! I can head to bed now.

We're hosting youngsters and oldsters so I was concerned with napping area. As long as they have quiet, soft, shaded areas we are golden! Location is not the first priority.

Try calling them tomorrow as well as your already sent email to make sure they have the correct information (phone and email address) to contact you.

They will take care of everything from there on!

Be aware of the maximum capacity numbers though as you sound like you have a large party!

Have a great cruise and sleep well!

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

ex techie

This is not true in my experience.

My last Fantasy cruise was in a 1 BR concierge stateroom.

Requested a cabana. Did not receive - sold out...

I do note the OP is on the Magic and with a smaller # of competing concierge cabins agree that a disappointment is not likely.

There are more concierge cabins on the Fantasy and Dream than there are cabanas, so if EVERY concierge level family requests a cabana, some are going to be disappointed. And that is even before you consider issues of whether they want a cabana on the family vs. adult beach, the large cabana (for large groups) or need the HA cabana.

However, people do reserve cabanas initially and sometimes give them up as the cruise nears. If the concierge has a list of people who requested and didn't get one on a given cruise, that cabana will never show up on line--it will shift over to the concierge as soon as someone has released it.

You can also check again at the time of boarding; there are sometimes people who would like to give up a cabana then and are delighted to have another family who wants it--again this would be handled thru the concierge for those guests or port adventures for non-concierge guests.

The best approach is to contact shoreside concierge about 5 days before your booking window opens to let them know exactly what you'd like and what else you'd consider acceptable. For instance, "We'd like Palo at 8:30 on pirate night, but any night that isn't signature dining is OK" or "grandpa uses a wheelchair for distances so we'd really like the HA cabin but if it isn't available or someone who is in a chair full time needs it, we can make due with a regular cabana...but it needs to be on the family beach." The better they understand your needs and wants, the more likely you are to have them met. In reality, they should have contacted you a few days before your booking window opens.

On the Magic and Wonder, the cabanas outnumber concierge cabins, so it is very likely that a concierge guest will get one BUT you still have to consider which beach and whether the HA cabana is needed.

Edited by moki'smommy

Agree with moki'smmmy.

For "most" sailings will not be a problem.

My experience of NOT having a request fulfilled was despite all suggested procedures followed and was - importantly - on the Fantasy during our schhol's March... Spring Break.

We had a great time nonetheless. Did the jet-ski excursion which was great fun.

The point of my posts is merely to dispel the "don't worry, you're concierge, you will certainly get a cabana advice".

If you want one during peak periods on the larger ships be prepared to follow all pre trip procedures including shoreside concierge request prior to the booking window opening and diligent follow up if not assigned at that time.

And above all be flexible and have a back up plan if you are ultimately not granted a reservation.

We've done with a cabana and without. Every experience good - just different..

This is not true in my experience.

My last Fantasy cruise was in a 1 BR concierge stateroom.

Requested a cabana. Did not receive - sold out...

I do note the OP is on the Magic and with a smaller # of competing concierge cabins agree that a disappointment is not likely.

As you noted, I was responding to the OP directly in their circumstance. Not in a general advise sense.

Given 22 Concierge Staterooms, 25 cabana's, then having emailed Shoreside Concierge before their booking window opened, I feel confident they will get one.

That said, I did explicitly say

And it wasn't until post #5 that children and "oldsters" were mentioned.

The OP hasn't responded any further on the thread, but still I think they will be fine, and hope they have an amazing cruise.

ex techie

As you noted, I was responding to the OP directly in their circumstance. Not in a general advise sense.

Given 22 Concierge Staterooms, 25 cabana's, then having emailed Shoreside Concierge before their booking window opened, I feel confident they will get one.

That said, I did explicitly say

And it wasn't until post #5 that children and "oldsters" were mentioned.

The OP hasn't responded any further on the thread, but still I think they will be fine, and hope they have an amazing cruise.

ex techie

Yes. I get your point. Mine was directed at some future reader of the thread who may not have noticed the OP was on the Magic.

And that there is no general guarantee that because one is concierge that one WILL get a cabana.

Also, I think you missed the OP's comment that s/he did NOT make contact with Shoreside prior to the booking window opening.

"My problem is that I was not able to contact Shoreside Concierge before my booking window opens, tonight at midnight. So I guess I have to stay up and try to book myself."

Suspect the OP is long gone from the thread. I think we're just clarifying for the thread's own posterity at this point.

Edited by ededmd

We've gotten a Cabana on the adult beach on our last two cruises. I check the shore excursions for Castaway day, sometimes several times a day, and the just pop up. Sometimes 30 days out, sometimes closer, last time it was about 2 weeks to go. I assume someone had reserved and then canceled and I happened to pop on and see it and book it.

We sail RCL often, and you have to pay for shore excursions when you reserve them. Cabana's aren't billed to your room until you sail.

If you want a Cabana, check back often, and see what pops up as available.