Lido Deck movies

Dean

The Princess WEB indicates that you can rent earphones for $10.00 per day. That is why I assumed that earphones were required.

When MUTS first debuted there were earphones of some type but they soon went away. That was many years ago.

Maybe you saw some old description?

I have not heard about any new program. I guess its possible. ;)

I was wrong about this information coming from Princess directly. I read it from another source. Cruiseadvice is a travel agent that has a fantastic WEB site on all cruise ships including the Coral Princess. Their WEB says that you have to rent headphones for the LIDO movies It appears as if they have to update this info if it is no longer true.

Edited by Dean

Cruiseadvice is a travel agent that has a fantastic WEB site on all cruise ships including the Coral Princess. Their WEB says that you have to rent headphones for the LIDO movies It appears as if they have to update this info if it is no longer true.

Hearing that I would tend to shy away from one who can't provide accurate information.

The Princess WEB indicates that you can rent earphones for $10.00 per day. That is why I assumed that earphones were required.

I haven't heard if it before but it is possible. Their speakers on the ships are often set to loud & can be hard to understand.

Our church has a system for the hearing impaired which transmits the audio clearly. The receivers are available upon request. I'm not sure if people bring their own earphones or not.

Dean,

That part is true! If you have anytime dining, you can call the dine line (we always call when we wake up) and make reservations for that evening. Some have reported having trouble doing this, but I never had that experience. Others report that by speaking with the maitre d' on the first night that they arrange a standing ATD for the whole cruise. Never tried that as what time we dine depends on what we're doing each day.

Since the info you got regarding headsets is years out of date, I would find a more reliable source for your Princess cruise info. The Princess site is not bad, and cruise critic members are more than willing to share recent experiences.

Edited by rpcv77
Additional info

It also says that you can make dining reservations in advance in MDR if you don't have traditional dining, which I haven't found any way to do that!

Even more of a reason to stay away. :(

"That part is true! If you have anytime dining, you can call the dine line (we always call when we wake up) and make reservations for that evening. Some have reported having trouble doing this, but I never had that experience. Others report that by speaking with the maitre d' on the first night that they arrange a standing ATD for the whole cruise. Never tried that as what time we dine depends on what we're doing each day."

Well its supposed to work that way but not always. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Dean,

That part is true! If you have anytime dining, you can call the dine line (we always call when we wake up) and make reservations for that evening. Some have reported having trouble doing this, but I never had that experience. Others report that by speaking with the maitre d' on the first night that they arrange a standing ATD for the whole cruise. Never tried that as what time we dine depends on what we're doing each day.

Since the info you got regarding headsets is years out of date, I would find a more reliable source for your Princess cruise info. The Princess site is not bad, and cruise critic members are more than willing to share recent experiences.

You are saying to make reservations each day on board-- they are saying you can make them in advance once your cruise is booked. I don't believe THAT is true.

Cool Cruiser,

I can only speak to my own experience, as noted. You are a far more experienced cruiser than I am, so I'm sure your experiences have varied due to cruise volume.

Dean,

I have never heard of being able to make ATD reservations in advance of the cruise itself, even with a firm booking. Time to give up on that web site!

rpcv77

Yes.. Plenty of reservation available at 5:30 or after 7:30, any other time good luck scoring a reservation for ATD on any Princess ship regardless of what time of the day you call

Sad but true

Srpilo

We must have been unusually lucky, as we were able to get reservations for a wide variety of times. Again, just my personal experience.

I just took a look at the Cruiseadvice website. It still says the Island Princess was last refurbished in 2010 and their deck plans still show the Universe Lounge and a full wrap around Promenade Desk. The deck plan for the Coral does not show the IC. Good site to avoid.

Edited by mreasier