Tabayan or palmetto zip lines

candiancruisers

Both Zip lines on Roatan offer great adventure.

The One in WEST BAY at Tabayana is a ship excursion ONLY, and finishes up on one of the best beaches.

The Zip line at French Harbour (Roatan Jungle Canopy $45) is not located near any beach, and is near the middle of the island, but with better views from up top.

I tell my customers to see and do as much as possible during their short time here. There are plenty of beachs all over the place to do snorkeling.

It's really a choice of doing it with the ship and others, OR doing it on your own....:)

I did excursions at most ports independently but did the ship tour for the Tabayana zipline and beach excursion last month from the Valor. I thought it was very well done and very fun! I wouldn't hesitate to whole-heartedly recommend this tour! The transportation was good, the staff at the zipline were very friendly and safety conscious, and we had an awesome time! It didn't seem too short and the views from the zipline were outstanding! Some of the best pictures from our trip are taken from the zipline platforms.

I think this must be a case where both ziplines provide a great experience so it really just depends if you want to arrange things on your own or not. If you hire someone to drive you around the island and see lots of sites the Palmetto one might be good, but if you want to take it easy and enjoy a stunning beach then the Tabyana one is great too and I think a reasonable value.

I recently returend from Roatan and our group did the Roatan Jungle tour. It was great.

If you would like to see pictures, go here : http://community.webshots.com/user/mkampy and you can click on the Valor cruise- Roatan.

Our group also rented scooters while on the island, and if I were to give advice, I would say only rent from an "officer" wink- wink

* Quick side note. we cruised on the Carnival Valor, and counting what we paid for the scooter renta & what they charged us for the canopy tour, we spent less per person, than the cruise excursion paid for just the canopy tour. Plus we got to see a lot more of Roatan than the average cruise passenger. But then again we like adventure, the proof is in the picture of the brown snake my wife almost stepped on !!!

Archived