Something different

Cool Breeze Cruiser

We have been to St. Thomas numerous times & have done an island tour with Papa Bear, a daysail with Nightwind Charters & New Horizons & been to Megan's Bay & Sapphire Beach. They were all great but we would like to do something different. Any suggestions?

We are considering taking the ferry to St. John but we already have several beach days planned.

We would like to find some kind of 'adventure' type excursion. For example we love segways & the Twizie tour in Bonaire & the Trike tour in Aruba were a lot of fun. We have enjoyed zip lining & rain forest hikes & parasailing, etc. on other islands.

We really enjoy bicycling too. Is anyone familiar with this tour?

http://stthomascruiseshipexcursionsandtours.com/st-thomas-bike-rental-excursion/

Unless he sold that business, I don't think it's currently available. St Thomas is not a good biking destination, unfortunately.

There used to be bike rentals available on Water Island, and that's a great way to spend the day. Google for current info.

Hassel Island, which is in the harbor, is a great destination for hikers. It's part of the National Parks and has lots of hiking trails and historical ruins. Virgin Islands Ecotours offers excursions over to the island.

You can skydive. That's new.

STT offers nice beaches and snorkeling, along with the shopping and some interesting historic areas, but you've pretty much covered it except for the zipline on STT.

For something different, if you're in port long enough consider the BVI excursion offered to cruisers by Breakaway out of Sapphire marina. It's your day and a nice way to see some of the BVI. You'd have to contact them to see if they have anyone else interested and what the cost would be, also consider inviting another couple from your roll call. I assume you have passports, if not this isn't an option.

http://visitbreakaway.com/index.php?pageStewardLink=5589

Thanks for the ideas!

I checked out bicycling on Water Island. That might be a little more strenuous than what we had in mind especially after eating on the ship for 10 days!:p

I have 'great respect' for heights so no skydiving for me. Ziplining in St. Lucia pushed me past my comfort zone but was incredible.

Cool video of the Fly Boarding. We love to watch them but I would probably kill myself if I tried it! :eek:

We will just be in port from 8:00-5:00 so not really time for the BVI excursion.

I have contacted Tribal Day Sails about their half day tour. Anyone familiar with them?