New years sale on past bookings

alan.jacyszyn

Was just browsing the ncl website when I saw they are now offering 2 promo choices for balcony rooms whereas when I booked they only offered one. The cruise cost is still the same price as when I booked. I've only paid the deposit but it looks like if i cancel and rebook i would lose the deposit. Is there any chance of getting any sort of deal by contacting them knowing they have promo now better than when I booked? Had anyone else had any luck? My guess is I would need to call them during the week but wanted to know what to expect.

Thank you.

Cruise is March 22nd, I booked through the website directly. Have not yet made final payment only paid for excursions and deposit.

This is only my second cruise ever and first on NCL so I'm a bit new to all of this.

Edited by alan.jacyszyn

This is actually the second time they've had this 2 perks sale. I booked just before Thanksgiving, and they had a Black Friday sale over the weekend. I upgraded to the 2 perks with no problem.

You have to pay the gratuities on any of the perks that include them. So, we had dining to begin with and added shore the shore excursion perk during the sale. We had a $3 change in price because of the change in port taxes.

Call them tomorrow. As was said, if you add any of the perks that require a service fee you will have to prepay them. Best wishes. I would incur penalties from my TA for switching

(possibly) and I've already purchased a dinner package to go with my UDP and OBC or I would consider it as well.

I'm more likely to book another one though. :D

The price for same room category on my cruise went up by $150 since I booked. Do you think they would give me the second freestyle choice if I called and asked real nice? I am guessing not, they have no incentive to do so, just wondering if anyone has tried it.

The price for same room category on my cruise went up by $150 since I booked. Do you think they would give me the second freestyle choice if I called and asked real nice? I am guessing not, they have no incentive to do so, just wondering if anyone has tried it.

You don't need to ask real nice, just pay the difference to current price and possible penalties for cancelling and rebooking - it's as easy as that.

All the above replies except the last assume you have booked in the US but your location is not shown.

For UK/European bookings you would lose your deposit if you cancelled to rebook. Also for UK/European bookings there is no 18% gruatuities to pay on any promo choices.

In the last couple of months this is the third time I have seen the 2 promotions offered in the US (Halloween, Cyber Monday & Boxing day) but the first time it has been offered in the UK/Europe.

Well, it took 75 minutes on the phone but they were able to get it. She said it should have been easy but they kept getting errors and such but they eventually worked it out. The only downfall is the beverage package which I chose originally went to in price (15% gratuity up to 18%?) since the time I originally booked but no big deal.

Thanks for the help! Worst case I could have rebooked (this may have been easier!) I thought you lost the deposit no matter what but it looks like it's only at the 75 day mark.

Edited by alan.jacyszyn

I called yesterday when you posted this and the lady I spoke to implied that she would have given it to me, even though I am well beyond final payment, but the price on our cruise has actually gone up $100 pp, so it wouldn't be worth it.