Phuket cultural & food tourism

AzzaNJenny

Does anyone have tips for cultural or Hawker style food places to visit in our 2 days in port on Phuket?

We really are not interested in the overtly commercial touristy stuff, the beach, island tours or getting drunk on Bangla road etc.

We would rather see a traditional dance show, watch locals carving wood products or eat a proper Thai meal in some pokey little place where all the locals eat away from the tourist areas etc.

if you can recommend anything like this i would appreciate it as i prefer to travel on word of mouth than just doing stuff the commercial tourism websites advertise.

Thanks in advance for any help;)

Does anyone have tips for cultural or Hawker style food places to visit in our 2 days in port on Phuket?

We really are not interested in the overtly commercial touristy stuff, the beach, island tours or getting drunk on Bangla road etc.

We would rather see a traditional dance show, watch locals carving wood products or eat a proper Thai meal in some pokey little place where all the locals eat away from the tourist areas etc.

if you can recommend anything like this i would appreciate it as i prefer to travel on word of mouth than just doing stuff the commercial tourism websites advertise.

Thanks in advance for any help;)

In our past visits to Phuket, we did Simon Cabaret, Fantasea, Junceylon, Island hopping/snorkelling ate Pradthai, Seafood, drank Singha beer etc. You can also go do what Kimberly did on her cruise, kickboxing, touching live Tigers :eek: elephant rides etc. Do note that most shops open at about 11am Thailand time so no need to rush to Phuket shore. I forgot to adjust my watch to Thai time and took the tender at 10.30am (Thai time 9.30am) (less then 5 mins wait and not much crowd).

• 2 weeks later...