Carnival Victory vs Enchantment of the Seas

Susan in Maine

During April a friend and I are looking to take a four day cruise from Port Canaveral. Our choices are the Victory or Enchantment. I've been on several cruises - this will be her first. The only Carnival cruise I was on was in 1998, and I wasn't impressed. Generally I've sailed on RCCl or Princess.

Opinions on this cruise? Carnival has bigger cabins, and is cheaper. I've had 6 cruises on RCCL and loved them. BTW, we're in our 50's, and not party animals. Just looking for a relaxing get-away-from-the-family.

Thanks!

Susan in Maine

We have been on both, Enchantment of the Seas, hands down! Of all the cruises we have been on, the Victory was by far our least favorite. Just our humble opinion, of course! Service on Enchantment was fantastic, food good, common areas nicer. Victory's decor is a little loud (very green) for our taste. The service was really bad and food was pretty dismal.

We absolutely loved the Enchantment. We were a bit skeptical about sailing on her since our previous Royal cruise had been on the Allure and we had also sailed on the Carnival Dream recently. But our worries were soon put to rest. The ship was beautiful, modern looking and well kept. The experience was definitely at par with the Royal product and we would sail on her again without hesitation.

Feel free to click on my photo review (link in my signature).

Just off the victory 2 weeks ago.

I'd take Enchantment of the Seas. Victory has really good food and we really liked the size of our room. The rest I think RCI has all over Carnival.

Which itineraries are you looking at? If they are from mid 2016 on with Freeport I'd skip it entirely; that's the worst port of call I've ever gone to.