FTTF with Minor

lions1995

As long as you have all his travel documentation (passport or birth certificate) you shouldn't have a problem with him checking in with you. Carnival does require a notarized permission notice for minors who aren't with their parents/guardian, but they normally don't ask for it during check in. It's when you return to port do the Customs enforcement people sometimes ask for the paperwork, but this wouldn't apply to you since the minor's parents are traveling with you. If he's part of your cabin then he's FTTF as well.

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

As long as you have all his travel documentation (passport or birth certificate) you shouldn't have a problem with him checking in with you. Carnival does require a notarized permission notice for minors who aren't with their parents/guardian, but they normally don't ask for it during check in. It's when you return to port do the Customs enforcement people sometimes ask for the paperwork, but this wouldn't apply to you since the minor's parents are traveling with you. If he's part of your cabin then he's FTTF as well.

Yes-this.

Due to a scheduling situation on our last cruise I boarded with 1 of our kids and my husband came an hour later with the other. We both had our phones on in case there was an issue and I was prepared to have to step aside and wait. 1 lady gave us a raised eyebrow, but still let us on. The only thing you need to remember is his boarding pass and Passport.

Edited by Lerin

I bought FTTF for my cabin. My 15 year old nephew is in our cabin, but his parents did not buy FTTF. Does he need to stay with his family for check in or is there a way for him to check in with my family? Just asking since he is a minor.

If you bought FTTF for your stateroom, it is good for everyone in your stateroom.

Carnival does require a notarized permission notice for minors who aren't with their parents/guardian, but they normally don't ask for it during check in. It's when you return to port do the Customs enforcement people sometimes ask for the paperwork

Actually it's not required but is recommended.