Star Princess Alaska 30/7/15 - cabin choice

hjd36

We have decided on our cruise - now need to pick the cabin!

There is nothing above a balcony available, but we will be very happy with a balcony. Some floors sold out.

I understand that Caribe deck balconies are larger than Baja deck ones. Baja ones are covered - are Caribe deck balconies partially covered? I have been viewing youtube videos but not sure.

Would prefer to be aft/mid-aft.

So, possibilities include - C616, described as a Premium balcony, category B2; alternatively C714/C742 are ordinary balconies, category BD. Does anyone know what the difference is (apart from £150 more per person?) - both types shown as the same floor area.

Any assistance would be great. Thank you.

Caribe balconies are 2x the size of other balconies. On the side of the ship, they are half covered and half open. A wonderful choice for Alaska.

Also look to see if balconies facing the aft are available. These are great also.

Would prefer to be aft/mid-aft.

So, possibilities include - C616, described as a Premium balcony, category B2; alternatively C714/C742 are ordinary balconies, category BD. Does anyone know what the difference is (apart from £150 more per person?) - both types shown as the same floor area.

Any assistance would be great. Thank you.

There is no difference in those cabins. It is just those towards the center cost more. The suites are very center and the cabin C616 is more center compared to C714.

I prefer to be more aft than central.

Edited by Coral

Thanks. Nothing facing the aft available. If the only reason for the extra cost is the fact that it's nearer the middle, I would go for one like C714. Great to know we wouldn't be missing out on anything by paying the extra.

Narrowing the choice down!!

Thanks. Nothing facing the aft available. If the only reason for the extra cost is the fact that it's nearer the middle, I would go for one like C714. Great to know we wouldn't be missing out on anything by paying the extra.

Narrowing the choice down!!

I think that is a good location, close to aft elevators.

Caribe balconies are usually in great demand.