Triumph - Faster to the mess.

BallFour4

So the Triumph was late arriving today due to strong winds and rough weather last night. Here's and idea, let's make it worse.

The captain or the pilot didn't order a tug to assist as is common in winter sailings. He lost the ship in the wind and decided to drop both anchors in the channel. They had difficulty retrieving one and didn't dock until after 9am. We listened to it all on my marine radio.

The city lots haven't cleared from those disembarking so port security decided to cue us in the mud. Forget FTTF, forget platinum. They wouldn't let my wife in the terminal because I wasn't with her. This is our 25th cruise, our 9th on the Triumph so we know they can do better.

If I had bought FTTF and waited in this mess FTTF would be refunded.

More to come!

ImageUploadedByForums1451322967.584218.jpg.90bd7f02c8cbeab788dade0428d0a0e9.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1451322675.182262.jpg.142ee78e3cafc267df082e63bbde4f12.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1451322693.532015.jpg.b4398080498df0ee1859e85e183c8908.jpg

Edited by BallFour4

It wasn't any more fun of an experience for those of us stuck on the ship. Actually, this cruise was the probably the worst ever for us as far as terminal experiences go On Thursday, despite having a time of 10:30-11 selected for our staggered check-in time, the people working embarkation acted like this was their first day on the job. I had to go inside and get someone to look at my account then issue me another piece of paper. Then, in the terminal, something must have kept breaking down because boarding took forever. Last night was probably the roughest I've ever experienced and then today we were all stuck there waiting to get off, blaming it on the wind. Then to cap it off, someone needs to do better direction with the non-English speaking people so that they aren't fumbling 10 minutes looking for a picture ID to get thru customs. Oh, and while placing my documents back in my bag on my way to exit(with no one behind me) a quite large elderly Carnival employee hollered at us to keep moving.

We were on this cruise too. I agree about last night. It was definitely one of the roughest nights we've ever experienced on a cruise. Actually, we thought there was a lot of movement on the ship for the entire time, especially considering how calm the seas were most of the time. Thursday night was the first time I've ever gotten woozy on a ship but I had to take some dramamine and go to bed. DH wondered if the ship didn't have stabilizers, or if they perhaps weren't working like they should.

On Thursday we had FTTF. We entered the terminal right at 10:30am through the priority/FTTF line. The earliest check-in time was supposed to start at 10:30 but there were already hundreds of people checked in and waiting when we got through security and upstairs. I think it was about 11:30 when they let us on.

And then this mornings incident...if you go to Galveston Cruise Cam and scroll through their discussions you will find some interesting photos showing how close the ship came to hitting the dock at one point. It seems like there would be guidelines in place about wind speeds, when tugs are needed, etc., to prevent those types of near misses. Fortunately they were able to stop the ship in time. We were off the ship and through customs at 10:30am, which is what time we are usually home.