Getting Airport Transfers on Ship?

CorrieC

Hi, I'm booked on an upcoming Carnival cruise that will be docking at Long Beach on a Sunday at 7am. Unfortunately I have to fly out of LAX instead of the Long Beach airport. The Carnival airport transfer page says that for cruises with an 8am arrival, the earliest your flight can leave LAX is 12noon. I'm looking at a flight that leaves LAX at 11:25am, but because the ship is actually supposed to arrive at 7am, I'm thinking this might be ok. I called Carnival and they said that they cannot reserve the transfer ahead of time, but that I can purchase the transfer while on board the ship. Has anyone heard of this? I'd hate to not be able to get a transfer to the airport, or have to pay for a cab at the last minute, which would be really expensive from Long Beach to LAX. What do you think? There is a later flight leaving LAX at 1:25pm, but the earlier flight would be a lot cheaper for me because I can use some of my miles/points.

Thanks! :)

Taxi is $68 flat + tip. Many shuttles are also waiting in the Parking Structure at $17/pp/ shared.

Do self assist, take all your luggage off with you. Non-priority self assist debark starts around 8-8:30.

Edited by SadieN

Thanks everyone, this is a huge help! I'm hoping that as long as we can leave Long Beach by about 9:00 am, we should be ok with an 11:25am flight, even with the longer distance to LAX, and factoring in LAX being a busier airport. Thanks for the tips on the shuttle companies, I'll start calling them tomorrow!