Just off IOS Christmas Cruise

Returned home from our Christmas Cruise on IOS we had a fabulous time! This cruise was filled to capacity 4240 guest then 1500 or so in the crew. This was 4 night sailing to Cozumel, the ship looked beautiful decorated exactly as I was hoping.

I give credit to the crew who worked so hard keeping up with such a large amount of guest. We have sailed the freedom class many times but this time I could see the crew was working extra hard in all areas of the ship.

We had the early seating and everything was enjoyable, we did dine in Chops 1 evening it was ok we felt rushed so it was hard to enjoy the evening.

We went to the ice show which was excellent!

I did bring a small Christmas tree with battery operated lights, We decorated our cabin door with stockings and tinsel it was fun :)

Our AC in our cabin went out three times we needed to call maintenance who took care of it. It was a pain but we didn't want to let it ruin our trip so luckily it was fixed. We did get a call from front desk who was extremely sorry for our troubles and gave us a discount for a future cruise.

The best part of our cruise hands down goes to our cruise director Leigh he was by far one of the best that we have had. I will be complete my survey and really give kudos to him and his team. His energy and over all professionalism really shined above them all.

We love Royal and happy Sailing :)

Edited by missemo12345

This was a 4 night cruise that we sailed...The discount was 20% not sure if this was good or the standard?

I was trying to figure out what the un-discounted price was, because it seems that some ships are raising the price. If you paid $85 for 4 days, after the discount, I'm guessing that the un-discounted price was $25 per day for one device.

Thanks for posting your review. We leave next week (first time on IOS) for the 4-night itinerary. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

What is the ice show schedule on the 4-night cruise? Can you just show up or do you need to reserve tickets somehow?

Is the dining room open on boarding day for lunch? Or is just the buffet and promonade cafe open?

... Is the dining room open on boarding day for lunch? Or is just the buffet and promonade cafe open?

The dining room is not open for lunch on boarding day. You have Windjammer, Cafe Promenade, and Sorrento's to choose from.

Does chops serve breakfast on this ship? I've heard that some do

Breakfast at Chops (if the ship offers it) is usually for suite guests and high level C&A members. I've not seen Chops offer breakfast to all guests.

Thanks for your review.

Sounds like you had fun.

Would you do a Christmas cruise again?

Safe travels

We did have fun! not sure if we would sail on Christmas again because it was very crowded. We live very close to the port so we can go on other sailings.

Thanks for posting your review. We leave next week (first time on IOS) for the 4-night itinerary. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

What is the ice show schedule on the 4-night cruise? Can you just show up or do you need to reserve tickets somehow?

Is the dining room open on boarding day for lunch? Or is just the buffet and promonade cafe open?

Ice show was on day 1 9:00 pm and the last day not sure of time but was afternoon / evening. We just showed up for admission but arrive early.

We ate at the windjammer so not sure of the dining room for lunch I am sure someone could answer this one.