Thoughts on Bahia Cabana??

cruzgal11

My bf & I along with our group are staying 1 night pre- cruise at the Bahia Cabana Beach Resort at

3001 Harbor Drive. Has anyone stayed here, thoughts, close to restaurants, water taxi?? Any other information would be great. Tia. [emoji4]

Yuck. Have you read the reviews on TripAdvisor? They've been so bad for years that I don't even trust the good ones! You might like it if you are very young and have little experience staying in hotels, are not at all particular, and are on a very tight budget. :eek:

Close to water taxi and a few restaurants, yes.

Well, it's been a few years since we stayed there - it was affiliated with Days Inn at the time - it really was one of the worst places we stayed. We actually cancelled our return stay and moved up the street to the Holiday Inn Express.

If you're looking for something on the intercoastal way where the water taxi stops and is nice - I recommend the Pillars Resort - this is a really nice place - it's well worth the price!

Staff, hotel, service and food are top notch!

Forgot to add the restaurant is a big locals hangout and they have good food.

Yes, there is a water taxi stop.

That hot tub there is disgusting. There are always 20 people in it.

I used to enjoy this place. We last went to the restaurant about 2 months ago. They ignored us for at least a half hour. I even got my own menus and no one said a word. I kept asking for help but was told someone would come over. Worst service ever. Nice view.

I used to enjoy this place. We last went to the restaurant about 2 months ago. They ignored us for at least a half hour. I even got my own menus and no one said a word. I kept asking for help but was told someone would come over. Worst service ever. Nice view.

Did someone new buy it? It has changed a little bit.

Not to sure of the new layout.

Linda ALWAYS waits on us.

I am presuming you got a rate for this place that fits your budget. So...what is your date?

It definitely is not a "c" property. Think a Motel 6 type property.

The location is good tho. Popular with young people on budgets from what we've observed. Steps from a water taxi stop, beach and a nice beach walk to lots of bars and restaurants.

If you read recent reviews on tripadvisor.Com and have realistic expectations, you can survive if your budget can't be raised. It's not the Bates Hotel.

Edited by eandj

If you're looking for something on the intercoastal way where the water taxi stops and is nice - I recommend the Pillars Resort - this is a really nice place - it's well worth the price!

!

:rolleyes: Recommending the Pillars to a newbie booked at Bahia Cabana is silly. You might as well add the W and the Ritz. ;)

Did someone new buy it? It has changed a little bit.

Not to sure of the new layout.

Linda ALWAYS waits on us.

I'm not sure who owns it. The early evening that we went it wasn't busy but they were short staffed and there was no manager around to see that we were taken care of.