Beach walkable from the port?

cruzingduo

Not really, closest beach would be Frigate Bay Beach. It is a 10 minute, $10 taxi ride away.

Thanks, some one (a crew member) told us about a resort they walk to. Perhaps it's a place that has a pool but no beach. We recall them saying it's walkable.

They would be referring to Palm Court Gardens. Nice pool & restaurant. reservations for a day pass may be needed for a lounger by the pool.

Too funny... I just mentioned Palm Court on a post where to eat for lunch.

I agree with Paul, the 'beach' that surrounds the port area is not one you would want to swim in though you may see some locals in there.

I would recommend Palm Court. They do offer the use of their facilities for $11.00 USD, lounge chairs, infinity pool hot tub and the views are spectacular.

If you are looking to go just for a lunch they offer traditional Caribbean fare and their prices are reasonable.

Exit the cruise port and turn left, this will take you along Bay Road, pass the ferry/ bus terminal along some local housing. When you get to the war memorial continue up the small hill and Palm Court is halfway up the hill.

Approx. walking time less than 15 minutes. You can also stop along the way and see what the local fruit vendors are selling, and of course stopping at the Ferry Terminal for a beer to quench your thirst.

Too funny... I just mentioned Palm Court on a post where to eat for lunch.

I agree with Paul, the 'beach' that surrounds the port area is not one you would want to swim in though you may see some locals in there.

I would recommend Palm Court. They do offer the use of their facilities for $11.00 USD, lounge chairs, infinity pool hot tub and the views are spectacular.

If you are looking to go just for a lunch they offer traditional Caribbean fare and their prices are reasonable.

Exit the cruise port and turn left, this will take you along Bay Road, pass the ferry/ bus terminal along some local housing. When you get to the war memorial continue up the small hill and Palm Court is halfway up the hill.

Approx. walking time less than 15 minutes. You can also stop along the way and see what the local fruit vendors are selling, and of course stopping at the Ferry Terminal for a beer to quench your thirst.

Thanks for the complete details of how to get there.

Feel sure we could take a taxi!

We've been to St. Kitts MANY times over the years so going to Palm Court sounds perfect to us.

Are advanced reservations needed?

LuLu