Unable to Make Dinner Reservations on Epic on Same Night as Booked Shows

Quilting_Cruiser

I've made reservations for Priscilla and Burn the Floor for my upcoming cruise on the Epic. I purchased a dining package and was attempting to make dinner reservations. All nights are available to reserve except the nights I have show reservations--the drop down doesn't even show those dates. Is this normal? Is there a work around of some sort? I'm wondering if I were to cancel the shows if I could then book dinner reservations and then rebook the shows? Just curious how others have handled this. I'd prefer not to call NCL if I don't have to, but of course I will if that's the only way to fix this...

TIA!

I've made reservations for Priscilla and Burn the Floor for my upcoming cruise on the Epic. I purchased a dining package and was attempting to make dinner reservations. All nights are available to reserve except the nights I have show reservations--the drop down doesn't even show those dates. Is this normal? Is there a work around of some sort? I'm wondering if I were to cancel the shows if I could then book dinner reservations and then rebook the shows? Just curious how others have handled this. I'd prefer not to call NCL if I don't have to, but of course I will if that's the only way to fix this...

TIA!

For my cruise in January 2015, I couldn't book dinner and a show unless they were more than 2 (or was it 2.5) hours apart. You should be able to book a 5:30 dinner and 9:00 show.

For my cruise in January 2015, I couldn't book dinner and a show unless they were more than 2 (or was it 2.5) hours apart. You should be able to book a 5:30 dinner and 9:00 show.

The drop down where you choose the date to book a dinner reservation is missing the dates of the shows I have booked. Every other night of the cruise is available to book dinner reservations, but it skips the dates where I have show reservations. :(

The drop down where you choose the date to book a dinner reservation is missing the dates of the shows I have booked. Every other night of the cruise is available to book dinner reservations, but it skips the dates where I have show reservations. :(

That has happened to others. Just call. To cancel a reservation you would need to call anyway.

Maybe try logging out, clearing your cache and trying again. I'm booked for the same show on 3.22.16 at 7:00pm and it is allowing me to making dining reservations (UDP) that same night from 8:30pm - 10:00pm.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Guess I'm going to have to make that dreaded phone call. Ugh.

Sail on Epic 13 January.

Have not made any show reservations. Nonetheless, 16 and 20 January dates do not come up if I attempt to make online dinner reservations in any restaurant or dining room.

Just don't have the patience to "make that call." We will deal with it once we board.

I took a closer look at myncl and for my sailing (3/6/16 - 3/28/16) I am unable to make reservations at the following restaurants on specific days ...

Cagney's 3/13/16 is not an option on the drop down menu under dates

La Cucina, Moderno, Teppanyaki and Le Bistro are also unavailable to make reservations on 3/9/16 and 3/13/16

Weird!

Sail on Epic 13 January.

Have not made any show reservations. Nonetheless, 16 and 20 January dates do not come up if I attempt to make online dinner reservations in any restaurant or dining room.

Just don't have the patience to "make that call." We will deal with it once we board.

Same here! LOL. I know it doesn't sound like that big of a deal to most people, but those phone calls about kill me. :o

I took a closer look at myncl and for my sailing (3/6/16 - 3/28/16) I am unable to make reservations at the following restaurants on specific days ...

Cagney's 3/13/16 is not an option on the drop down menu under dates

La Cucina, Moderno, Teppanyaki and Le Bistro are also unavailable to make reservations on 3/9/16 and 3/13/16

Weird!

Thank you for taking a look! Those are the dates I can't make reservations as well. If I recall correctly, 3/11 was an issue, too. It must just be a coincidence that I have shows booked on those evenings. We'll have to compare notes at the meet and greet and see if we've been able to iron it out. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

I was able to make reservations for my 3rd Jan Epic cruise on the same days as I had show reservations (as long as they don't 'clash' as an above poster said)

So I think it's just a system glitch like others have said! If you try and reserve the teppanyaki I also had issues with that- it would tell me that the reservation clashed with other activities (when I had nothing on that day) and ask me to remove it from the basket. Except it wouldn't remove it, and kept telling me it was clashing still. I had to wait 15 mins or so until the system cleared the basket for me.

After several different time requests all doing the same thing, I just checked out without the teppanyaki- and low and behold, I had the teppanyaki reservation made for me even though I removed it from the basket! So now I'm hoping I actually do have a reservation once I get on board...

Same here! LOL. I know it doesn't sound like that big of a deal to most people, but those phone calls about kill me. :o

Thank you for taking a look! Those are the dates I can't make reservations as well. If I recall correctly, 3/11 was an issue, too. It must just be a coincidence that I have shows booked on those evenings. We'll have to compare notes at the meet and greet and see if we've been able to iron it out. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

why do they "kill" you, I've always found the telephone agents at Norwegian to be very friendly and helpful?

why do they "kill" you, I've always found the telephone agents at Norwegian to be very friendly and helpful?

Any number of reasons. I don't like talking on the phone--I don't talk with even my friends on the phone...we either text or get together in person. I don't have patience for even having to make the phone call (as a former user experience manager, I'm very frustrated by the poor usability of the NCL website that is making the call necessary). I prefer doing things on my own and I'd much rather take care of these things online. All the formalities that take place on the phone call are tedious to me. And I could go on. It's just not my thing. I've never liked talking on the phone and the only phone I have is my cell phone and I rarely make calls with it. It has nothing to do with the friendliness or helpfulness of the agents.