Are there any more good deals out there?

terryde

We are past frequent Carnival cruisers, and want to try Royal Caribbean Adventurer of the Seas May 2006 - 7 days southern from San Juan. Trying to find a good deal, but all prices quoted are the same. Does anyone advise to book directly through cruise line and why? Any suggestions for better rates? Is it much lower to book now, or does it really matter? Thanks,

I've seen many good deals on RCI, but never a big price difference between TAs. I book directly with RCI because it is always the lowest price and it's the easiest for me. They've been great to deal with and I don't want to have to go through a TA to make changes.

I wish I could book some of the great deals I've come across! It's luck and persistance getting the right sail date at the right time.

Barb

I've seen many good deals on RCI, but never a big price difference between TAs. I book directly with RCI because it is always the lowest price and it's the easiest for me. They've been great to deal with and I don't want to have to go through a TA to make changes.

I wish I could book some of the great deals I've come across! It's luck and persistance getting the right sail date at the right time.

Barb

I think there is some confusing information about RCCL vs TA pricing. There are some TA's who will have lower prices than RCCL. I know because I found one and booked it and there are many others who have done so also.

Now, the why of the price differences may be many things. There are some agencies who book blocks of rooms and sell them while RCCL's prices rise, others may have some kind of group specials, but what is clear is that lower prices are out there.

I use the example of the service on CC where you put in what ship, sailing date and cabin you want and TA's contact you with their best prices. I have done this for RCCL cruises 5 or 6 times and have found significant variances between prices for the same ship, date and cabin. When compared to RCCL's website, some of the offers were similar to RCCL's, others were $100-$200 pp lower than the listed price. My price from the TA I ended up booking with was $121 pp less than RCCL's price for a cruise 7 months away. I'm not sure what the explanations are for the differences but they exist. (and yes they did include all port fees and taxes)

I just wanted to let people know my experience. Deals are still out there, you just have to find them. Made a difference for me..went from oceanview to a balcony. :D

I just booked two cabins with an online TA and the price was the same as listed on the RC web site. However, I will receive four shore excursion passes once I'm paid in full. Every little bit helps! :D

Some travel agencies do more business with various cruiselines thus receiving higher commissions or other perks. This would allow them to reduce their commission in order to beat another TA's quote. Not necessarily by much...but enough to make the difference. It also depends on the 'split' between the agency owner and the agent and who's willing to budge somewhat. Usually the TA takes the fall.

A cruise is really at it's all time lowest price when the sailing is first available for booking.

I think there is some confusing information about RCCL vs TA pricing. There are some TA's who will have lower prices than RCCL. I know because I found one and booked it and there are many others who have done so also.

Now, the why of the price differences may be many things. There are some agencies who book blocks of rooms and sell them while RCCL's prices rise, others may have some kind of group specials, but what is clear is that lower prices are out there.

I use the example of the service on CC where you put in what ship, sailing date and cabin you want and TA's contact you with their best prices. I have done this for RCCL cruises 5 or 6 times and have found significant variances between prices for the same ship, date and cabin. When compared to RCCL's website, some of the offers were similar to RCCL's, others were $100-$200 pp lower than the listed price. My price from the TA I ended up booking with was $121 pp less than RCCL's price for a cruise 7 months away. I'm not sure what the explanations are for the differences but they exist. (and yes they did include all port fees and taxes)

I just wanted to let people know my experience. Deals are still out there, you just have to find them. Made a difference for me..went from oceanview to a balcony. :D

I did the same thing for my RCCL cruise next year to Alaska. I received several quotes that matched RCCL's website price, but I also received a few that were lower. I went with the lower one and ended up saving $100pp. So yes you can find lower prices!

I just booked two cabins with an online TA and the price was the same as listed on the RC web site. However, I will receive four shore excursion passes once I'm paid in full. Every little bit helps! :D

Would you please add me to the list of people who want the website? Thanks a bunch. Every little bit sure does help, especially when you usually cruise with 6 or 7 people. beth7w@mindspring.com

Archived