A few Questions About Shows/MDRs on Dawn

RumpunchGirl

I sail on 1/17/2016 and want to make dining reservations for the MDR.

What times are the evening shows on Dawn?

Are there any major differences between 2 MDRs?

What are your preferences?

Thanks!

I believe the shows are at 7 and 9.

The major difference is the Venetian has a dress code while Aqua does not. We dined at both, and while the food was the same, we found the service to be much better at Aqua, even thought it was full. We weren't in a rush when we sat down at the Venetian, and there were plenty of empty tables, but the meal ended up lasting over 2 hours for a party of 6. By the end we were just hurrying to make the late show. My preference would be Aqua, better service and more casual.

Is it really necessary to make reservations for either of the MDRs? If you just walk up, is there a long wait?

The only time we went to eat and wait...was at the Venetian. They handed us a pager and told us 25 minutes; however, the thing went off in about 3 minutes. Which the 25 minute wait was weird anyway, since there were so many empty tables when we were seated. If you do have to wait, they give you the paper for free champagne at the bar. We just redeemed ours at the table when we sat down.

TLDR; It is not necessary to make reservations for MDRs.

The only time we went to eat and wait...was at the Venetian. They handed us a pager and told us 25 minutes; however, the thing went off in about 3 minutes. Which the 25 minute wait was weird anyway, since there were so many empty tables when we were seated. If you do have to wait, they give you the paper for free champagne at the bar. We just redeemed ours at the table when we sat down.

TLDR; It is not necessary to make reservations for MDRs.

Thanks for the info. Maybe we'll just wing it!

In fact, you CANNOT make reservations at either Aqua or Venetian - I tried last week. Both are first come, first served only. I preferred Venetian, larger room, felt like a higher ceiling as well. Aqua felt like a converted lounge to me. Identical menus and Aqua almost always had a shorter (or no) wait.

About half the nights, venetian was "no shorts" and the other half, it did not have that rule. Which seems insanely silly to me, but let's not go down that rabbit hole.

Shows are 7 and 9, except for Elements, which is 7 and 930 (there is some confetti cleanup needed post show)

In fact, you CANNOT make reservations at either Aqua or Venetian - I tried last week. Both are first come, first served only. I preferred Venetian, larger room, felt like a higher ceiling as well. Aqua felt like a converted lounge to me. Identical menus and Aqua almost always had a shorter (or no) wait.

About half the nights, venetian was "no shorts" and the other half, it did not have that rule. Which seems insanely silly to me, but let's not go down that rabbit hole.

Shows are 7 and 9, except for Elements, which is 7 and 930 (there is some confetti cleanup needed post show)

You can make reservations for the MDRs online prior to boarding.

Huh - you can reserve online, but not in person while on board. Cruising "like a Norwegian" gets more interesting all the time.

Yes it's really strange. I ended up making a bunch of 5:30 MDR reservations ahead of time and not using them, didn't know how to cancel them. We made a Cagney's reservation on-board for the last night of the cruise and forgot what time we reserved. We called to find out and they asked us why we had a reservation at Aqua and Cagney's within an hour of each other.

One other MAJOR thing I forgot in my original post. There was exactly ONE (U.S.) power outlet in the cabin. ONE. There was one additional euro-style, but we did not have converters. Luckily, we had small powerbars we were able to daisy chain together for the various tablet, iPods, and cameras that all needed charging. Four people, one outlet. And I thought the bathroom situation was bad...

One other MAJOR thing I forgot in my original post. There was exactly ONE (U.S.) power outlet in the cabin. ONE. There was one additional euro-style, but we did not have converters. Luckily, we had small powerbars we were able to daisy chain together for the various tablet, iPods, and cameras that all needed charging. Four people, one outlet. And I thought the bathroom situation was bad...

This is accurate. There is one US plug in the cabin and one in the bathroom. We had an iron and ironing board brought to our room, and the iron would only work in the weird plug-ins behind the television (we unplugged the television to use it).

We found out on the last day of the cruise that you could actually get power strips from the front desk if you needed to plug-in multiple devices.

Well, shoot. I meant to post this is the OTHER Dawn thread. Apologies.

I sail on 1/17/2016 and want to make dining reservations for the MDR.

What times are the evening shows on Dawn?

Are there any major differences between 2 MDRs?

What are your preferences?

Thanks!

Sunday night on the Dawn the Welcome Aboard show was a 8 pm and I missed it, I thought all the shows were 7 and 9. Also the week of our cruise, the first Elements show was at 630 pm.

I love the shows, so we ate our dinner early every night and then had a snack later :p.