A1a2a3c1c2c3

Lam8

They designate class and location and are priced accordingly. For example, A1 is Aqua class 1, where 1 is supposedly a better location than A2. And so, A1's are priced higher than A1s. C1, C2, etc are Concierge class. S1, S2, are Sky Suites. Higher suites have their own designation. When you think you have it figured out, then they have 2A, B, and C to designate Verandas (instead of what would be logical- V1, V2, etc :)). So you can have a 2A, which is a std veranda, and an A2, which is an Aqua 2. Then, if you really feel confident understanding this, the inside and oceanview cabin categories are numeric, starting with 12 being the cheapest, through 07 Oceanview. The engineer in me abhors this numbering/classification system :). Each class has amenities associated to them, along with their location, that allegedly make them worth more. Some debate this. Concierge class cabins are usually in better locations than veranda, except that you can find veranda cabins in really good locations on some ships. Aqua class comes with the privilege of eating in Blu and free use of the Persian Gardens/Relaxation room. If you go to an online travel agent site (or to Celebrity's site) and look at room availability, it will make more sense.

Edited by WEGL81

Key word in the great explanation above is that the higher rated cabins are supposedly better. Experienced cruisers know better. For example, in rough seas, your best ride is usually lower and 2/3 back. Don't buy into the hype and do some homework (or consult a knowledgeable friend or TA) before selecting a cabin. A key issue is to select a cabin with cabins above, below and on both sides of you to (as much as possible) limit noise.

Key word in the great explanation above is that the higher rated cabins are supposedly better. Experienced cruisers know better. For example, in rough seas, your best ride is usually lower and 2/3 back. Don't buy into the hype and do some homework (or consult a knowledgeable friend or TA) before selecting a cabin. A key issue is to select a cabin with cabins above, below and on both sides of you to (as much as possible) limit noise.

For example

Many people think the A2 Aqua Class are better located than the A1 staterooms.

There are some lower category balcony staterooms at the angle on the hump of S Class ships that many people love to have.

I prefer any cabin that is more centrally located under and above other cabins.

Research cabin choices on this board. Read other people's opinions and then decide for yourself.

Enjoy!

Agree with all the above. We try to book a balcony close to elevators and with cabins above and below. Don't have to book the most expensive category

My two cents - in addition to cabins above and below, be aware of what is across the hall. Blank areas on the deck plans can be a variety of things - some more quiet than others. Once you have decided upon a category, utilize the Search feature with the Sticky at the top of the Celebrity Forum to check on specific cabins on the M or S class ships. There are also cabin-specific comments in the Reviews section of Cruise Critic.

Best of luck with your selection and have a wonderful cruise.

I like the 2C balcony cabins, got it on a Guarantee on both upcoming cruises, huge balcony, makes the room seem more spacious, no cabins on the opposite side of you, a very minimal obstruction which in my opinion, is not really an obstruction, just can't look down, but looking out is fine. Very quiet location.

I always choose the extra big balcony when it is available, its as big as the cabin and really increases the enjoyment, if you plan on using it. 1A would be my choice, but others may have other ideas for you.

I like the 2C balcony cabins, got it on a Guarantee on both upcoming cruises, huge balcony, makes the room seem more spacious, no cabins on the opposite side of you, a very minimal obstruction which in my opinion, is not really an obstruction, just can't look down, but looking out is fine. Very quiet location.

You must have been on one of the M-Class ships.

This is a cut and paste for S class ships from a 2012 thread by poster Texkan. Here is an updated list of non-suite staterooms with nearly triple sized balconies:

Resort Deck: 2105, 2109, 2106, 2110

Penthouse Deck: 1547, 1552, 1601, 1605, 1606, 1610

Sky Deck: 1075, 1044, 1231, 1243, 1247, 1108, 1120, 1124

Panorama Deck: 9155, 9192, 9209, 9215, 9237, 9241, 9266, 9270, 9292, 9296

Vista Deck: 8197, 8160, 8257, 8253, 8230, 8226, 8279, 8283, 8252, 8256

Sunrise Deck: 7159, 7206, 7215, 7219, 7241, 7245, 7260, 7264, 7286, 7290

Continental Deck: 6155, 6156, 6209, 6215, 6237, 6241, 6210, 6214, 6236, 6240

The staterooms that are also on the slanted portion of the hump, but not listed above have nearly double sized balconies.

Be advised that the some of the staterooms on this list on the Continental Deck have partially obstructed balconies (2C Category - i.e. Stateroom #6240) and some fully obstructed (2D category - i.e. Stateroom #6210). The 2C obstruction involves seeing a life boat when looking straight down, but no obstruction when looking outwards or to the left or right.

Also be advised that some of the Penthouse Deck staterooms have a small obstruction from window washing equipment (1547 and 1552 as well as the nearly double sized staterooms next to them - 1549 and 1554; 1549 and 1554 are a bit more obstructed than 1547 and 1552).

Info same as Waihekean posted

Last edited by texkan; April 21st, 2012 at 07:09 PM.

Edited by hulamoon

No, actually I was on the Silhouette, one of the S class ships, always book a guarantee which is the lowest category, earlier this year got a 1A assignment on the Reflection right on the hump of the ship, great location with extra deep balcony, but still not as deep as the 2C I will be on this coming Sunday. Also booked a guarantee for my upcoming Baltic cruise in July, and was assigned a 2C, which was a savings of $540 per person. I chose this same balcony. Now I have extra cash to spend on shore excursions, don't usually buy anything on board, unless something special catches my eye.

You must have been on one of the M-Class ships.