Verify price calcs (big/better/best)

marcruiserswe

Hi all,

I'm trying to understand which deal is the best for us, I'd be very grateful if anyone can verify if I have understood all things correct.

Base price per person is 1294usd for a veranda room, that includes go!big (1 perk).

If we choose Classic Beverage Package, our total price will be 1294 + 90usd for gratuities == total of 1384.

If we choose the Go!Better package with Classic Bev Package and 150$ to spend, which we will use to pay the gratuities, our total price will be 1294 + 105 (the cost for Go!Better) == 1399usd, but with the gratuities paid we still have 60$ to spend (150-90). So in reality, the cost is 1339$ since we can use 60$ for other stuff).

The Go!Best package will be 1564$ (which includes premium bev, internet and 150$ to spend). The TOTAL will be 1564-150 = 1414$ (since 150 can be spent).

If my calculations are correct, the Go!Better package makes most sense. It's based on the assumption that no other gratuities will have to be paid that isn't covered by the 12.95/day room gratuity and that the classic bev package includes gratuities for those drinks.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. It's not the simplest for a beginner :)

Thanks in advance everyone!

It does seem that way if you feel that all the perks in the Go Best are worth it for you. Not everyone feels they get the value out of the beverage package or possibly the unlimited internet so don't feel it's necessary. Or some get their gratuities paid for by their TA or have OBC from other sources so going Better or Best isn't a value for them.

If you would want or would utilize all perks in the Go Best then yes it seems to be the better deal. You also didn't include in your calculations the price of upgrading from the Classic to the Premium Beverage package which is $11.80/day (including gratuity). For me if sailing double (I usually am solo) I would probably go w/ the Go Best as I always upgrade to the Premium and would use the internet but don't think it's necessary but depending on the charge feel it would be worth it.

Go Best would actually be $1609 (1294+315). Using your logic, the cost would be $1459 since you have $150 per person in OBC. In the end, Go Best is $60 more than Go Better per person.

So now, some questions:

Is the Classic Beverage package enough for you.? Or do you need the premium package? Will you want premium drinks like regular martinis from the Martini Bar or upgraded wines? If yes, you need the premium package which is $10 per day to upgrade or $70 for a 7 day cruise. If you want to upgrade to premium be package, Go Best is cheaper.

If you had $150 OBC per person with the Go Best, would you spend it?

Are you going to buy an internet package? How much would you spend? Go Best may or may not be a good deal just for internet. We did buy one unlimited internet package on our last cruise. I would never buy one for each of us - we just shared one.

You have to decide what has value for you.

Edited by cruzzzinma

Go Best would actually be $1609 (1294+315). Using your logic, the cost would be $1459 since you have $150 per person in OBC. In the end, Go Best is $60 more than Go Better per person.

So now, some questions:

Is the Classic Beverage package enough for you.? Or do you need the premium package? Will you want premium drinks like regular martinis from the Martini Bar or upgraded wines? If yes, you need the premium package which is $10 per day to upgrade or $70 for a 7 day cruise. If you want to upgrade to premium be package, Go Best is cheaper.

If you had $150 OBC per person with the Go Best, would you spend it?

Are you going to buy an internet package? How much would you spend? Go Best may or may not be a good deal just for internet. We did buy one unlimited internet package on our last cruise. I would never buy one for each of us - we just shared one.

You have to decide what has value for you.

Thanks for your answers and thoughts!