C-pap machines

teachatthebeach

When we cruised the Jewel last April and requested distilled water through access desk before the cruise, the confirmation email from the access desk said "don't forget to bring an extension cord". So maybe they don't always have enough cords to fill the need??

Hubby always carries an extension cord in his Cpap case, no problem.

Edited by NMLady

The ship will provide a gallon bottle of distilled water upon request, usually through the access desk.

On the Escape in November, the cabin steward came to the room every day to fill the CPAP receptacle. No gallon bottle of water was provided.

When we cruised the Jewel last April and requested distilled water through access desk before the cruise, the confirmation email from the access desk said "don't forget to bring an extension cord". So maybe they don't always have enough cords to fill the need??

Our confirmation stated the same thing.

My husband uses a c-pap machine. Does anyone know if Norwegian (Getaway) can provide an extension cord and distilled water? We were on Celebrity last year and they did.

I brought my cpap last April and will again this April-

I packed my own extension cord as I was told they can't guarantee there will be an extension cord. I completed the medical equipment form from NCL and requested distilled water. They provided the water the 1st night.

No issues at all-housekeeping will likely unplug you extension cord each day though (ours did in the epic) as it trails across the floor to read the bed.

Not sure how short your cords are, but mine is definitely long enough that I can plug it on one side of the room and reach me on the bed at the other side of the room. I've been in the large balcony and mini suite rooms without any problems. I always pack a power strip for the rest of the electronics, then plug my machine in at night and unplug it in the morning.

I believe that they will, though it can be just as easy to pack your own extension cord, and to use the ship's tap water, which is pretty close to distilled.

The ship's tap water is chlorinated, so it isn't suitable according to the manufacturer's I checked a few years ago. Check with your manufacturer's instructions to be sure, but they usually recommend only distilled water or, if not available, non-chlorinated bottled water.