Has anyone done Jost Van Dyke Excursion

Stratus22

I'm wondering if anyone has done the Jost Van Dyke Excursion through Disney. I see on NCL, they used a company called BVI Tour Center for their excursion and this boat went right up onto the beach to drop off the passengers. I'm hoping Disney uses the same company. Any feedback would be appreciated :)

Sandy

I've done it.

Boat takes you from Tortoa to Jost.

Stops a short ways from the shore and those who want to dive / jump in and swim to shore can.

Motor trawls the boat a little closer to shore where they drop a ladder into the standing depth water and you walk to shore. A "wet landing" as it were.

Day is nice. Plenty of loungers. Many shaded. Included.

Lunch included - some kind of salad, a meat/ fish, a beverage.

Non motor water sports included. I remember kayaking. I also remember a large water trampoline.

• 1 month later...

Hi! My 4 year old son and I will be on the Disney Fantasy in October 2016 and I've been researching Tortola excursions and came across your post. I would love to visit Jost Van Dyke and was worried the Disney excursion would not allow anyone under 5. Are 4 year olds allowed on this excursion?

WE went on this excursion and loved the beach. The native's however weren't very friendly and the colorful metaphors around the kids was abundant. I'll be surprised however if Disney returns to Tortola at all. Just didn't seem like much to do there.

We took a private tour with Kuralu (see their reviews on trip advisor) to Jost Van Dyke and had a wonderful time. My son loved their dog Grommit who was on the boat with us. They served us a wonderful lunch on board as well.