How many of you bring your own bed linen?

I would much rather win the lottery. Soon too so I can spend it on the cruise! :D

If you encounter any, and the chances are so minimal that it would not be worth worrying about, then contact the pursers desk rather than using an insecticide in such a small space. It would not be worth the room to pack and you could make someone coming along behind you, like Beth, very sick.

I agree with everyone else. Bringing your own sheets is just an uneccessary hassle. If there are bedbugs they are in the bed not the sheets...otherwise they would be called sheetbugs. ;) In any case, bringing your own linens would not stop the creepies from crawling and as someone said if you bring the linens home then the bugs will come with you.

Enjoy your cruise and pack only what you need.

This question must be a joke, right? I mean who is going to spend thousands of hard earned dollars to go on a multi-million dollar cruise ship vacation and pack your own bed linen????:confused:

I know that several travel companies sell a silk sleep sack to go between you and the sheets but I would not use them on a cruise. The sheets are washed in SUPER hot water. I have been to some third world countries tho that I would carry something like that to (actually the worst hotel I ever stayed in was right here in the good ole USA)

This question must be a joke, right? I mean who is going to spend thousands of hard earned dollars to go on a multi-million dollar cruise ship vacation and pack your own bed linen????:confused:

Some people bring pillows, others bring towels. The OP was wondering what the consensus was about bed linens. Who would do it? I don't know, but I'll bet there are people who do. That's what makes horse racing.

Have you ever read some of the packing lists posted on these threads? I swear, some people pack as if they are leaving for a year on a camping trip with formal nights thrown in. People will pack every last little item "just in case" and I don't know how they can haul it all along, keep it organized throughout the week, then re-pack and re-haul.

I have to say, though, my first couple of cruises I packed what I saw mentioned on these boards and I still have a bunch of the stuff, brand new, never used. I'm now down to a reasonable amount of clothing and shoes, a small first aid kit, toiletries and a camera with plenty of memory. The ships are modern marvels and have cups, hangers, pens, paper, towels, bed linens, snacks (there was actually a thread about bringing along food!) ice buckets and so much more.

Maybe we should consider bringing some bedroom furniture aboard. I mean, think of all those people who have sat at the same vanity unit.....actually what about plumbing? All those people who have used your bathroom....and walked on your carpet...used your balcony...etc..etc. I simply cannot believe that this thread is for real.

Al:confused: :D

Sometimes when I read about some of the stuff people lug along on cruises I am amazed. I go on the premise that a cruise ship is a floating hotel/resort. If I can get something at a hotel, then the odds are I can get it on a cruise ship. Maybe some of these folks have never stayed in a hotel? To each his/her own, I guess.

• 5 months later...
I suspect that many people who stay in hotels regularly are still liable to wonder what to take on a cruise. Unless you have vacationed in an all-inclusive resort (and many first timers on 4 days cruises have not) it can even be overwhelming. That's why people ask questions on cruise boards.

[quote name='mconthehighseas']Some people bring pillows, others bring towels. The OP was wondering what the consensus was about bed linens. Who would do it? I don't know, but I'll bet there are people who do. That's what makes horse racing.[/quote]

I don't remember which board this was on, but a while back there was a thread about people bringing their own sheets because they are nicer than those that the cruise line supplies. I remember distinctly someone saying "I have to bring my own sheets. If I didn't have my 600 thread count sheets for a whole week, I'd be miserable." Several chimed in with agreement. At first I thought it was all tongue in cheek, but it quickly became obvious that these people were serious.

I remember thinking, "OMG, are we so spoiled as a society that our concept of MISERY is going on a luxurious caribbean cruise and having to do without our 600 thread count sheets?!" I mean, I always thought of MISERY as poverty, starvation, devastating illness, loss of loved ones, etc. Wow, if people who truly live daily with misery could have read that thread, they'd really hate us.:rolleyes:

I suspect people who live in truly miserable situations don't have time to hate people who are miserable without their 600 thread count sheets but I must say I agree with you. Still, if someone wants to haul them along on a cruise more power to them.

Archived