Carnival's Alaskan cruise....

CRocks

This is a bummer for us because we are doing an Alaskan cruise summer 2017 and we want one that either stops or begins in Canada so we can spend a few days there. May have to cruise another line or give up the chance to see more of Canada.

Don't give up so fast.!!!!! :) I would recommend the one time May itinerary that starts in Vancouver, ends in Seattle- has had Glacier Bay the last several years. I sailed it again last year.

Also, it is simple to get between Vancouver and Seattle. I have taken Amtrak- which is loaded with scenery, Greyhound, Quick Shuttle, and have driven, renting from Avis, Hertz, National and Budget. Now with the Skytrain- more options with airport rentals, vs the sometimes, more costly downtown offices. (have rented from both).

For general information. Carnival, has who I consider one of the top 3 Alaska ship naturalists- Michelle. I've sailed with her for years, and she gets better and better. (Celebrity has the other 2).

With Tracy Arm- in my opinion, especially for first timers- it is "necessary" to purchase the add on ship- Tracy Arm boat tour. Otherwise, plan on NOT getting past Sawyer Island, and getting only a distant, partial view of the South Sawyer Glacier. The boat tour is a grossly superior transit, compared to the cruise ship.

I agree. It is a relatively expensive excursion, but well worth the cost. If you are going to spend the money to go to Alaska consider this a must do part of the cost.

Can someone help me with this? Want to book for Jun 2017 and there is no early saver option. Does Carnival not offer early saver for Alaska? Thanks.

Well you can book under what is available now, and wait and see if any early saver comes up?

Carnival only has one ship sailing Alaska, so there is more demand than other itineraries, with frequent full sold out ships.

I don't see much "use" for early saver either. The last several years, I haven't seen a large amount of discounting on Carnival. I always snag, late discounts in Alaska, and only in 2014 - when they had the Miracle trouble, and cancellations, did discounts happen. (picked up 2) Haven't seen them otherwise.

Depends when in Sept. I don't recommend past the first week. Significant disadvantage is the lack of daylight, dark by 7pm the second week. Also the worse potential weather of the Alaska cruise season. Expect rain and be well prepared in your attire. Average temps 40-60.

If you are going in Sept, make sure you are going when Glacier Bay is on the itinerary. Only reason, I would consider that time frame (or when they give them away late booking :) )

Yep, booked 1st week and Glacier Bay.