what would you do?

dad son team

i'm leaving tomorrow and because I booked last minute I did not get any of the freebies included. So I am in my reservation and was looking at purchasing the soda package for my son. Then I notice that the cost for the UBP is $64 a day and the total is listed at about $64. Strange. I click on it and it says the package is $64 for me and $82 for the soda package for my son since he is not 21. I add it to my cart to see if it corrects the, and the cart total says 1 UBP and 1 soda for $145. So here is the question, should I buy it and hope it is correct? If it is their mistake, but it confirms, do they have to honor it onboard?

The price for UBP is $64/day plus 18% gratuity. If the website has a glitch where it only charges you for one day it will surely correct itself once onboard. I wouldn't count on you getting away with only paying for one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legally, they do not have to honor a price mistake due to a website issue. Elsewhere on the website they have the price indicated, and your first impression is that it is a mistake (which is why you're asking if it will be honored). So you can go ahead and buy it, but the price will be the normal daily price for the plans.

Correction. I am now of the payment page, and it lists 1 UBP for $81.42 and 1 soda for $63.72. This is a 10 day cruise.

I thought for a minute that maybe you'd accidentally gotten a promo UBP and were just paying the gratuities, but those would be $84 for a 10 day cruise, so that's not it...

I would say "Caveat Emptor"; if it is a glitch in the website I cannot see it being honoured as the right price is shown elsewhere.

However saying that I would suggest that you are very careful if you buy it and expect it to be honoured. If you get on board, or even when you try to buy it online, you may well find that you are charged correctly. If so and you then want to get out of the deal you may not be able to.

Good luck

Mike