Nice long getaway cruise

ApoJacks

My wife and I are seasoned Royal Caribbean cruisers, we had our honeymoon cruise in August on Independence of the Seas, we are going with my parents in November on a 7 day Western Caribbean on Freedom of the Seas. Our honeymoon we did Eastern Caribbean and loved. We are looking to take advantage of several agencies waived deposit requirement right now for a long getaway in 2017.

We are looking to go in the first quarter of the year as I am going through the process of getting hired on with the local fire department later in 2017. My wife also wants to start planning a family to arrive in late 2017/early 2018. So we want to do a cruise with just the two of us. We are looking at doing something within the 7 to 10 day stretch, but we are unsure if we want to continue with Royal Caribbean or if we want to try a new line.

We know for sure we do not want to go on Carnival, yes, they are dirt cheap, but, at the same time, I think they lack a focus on safety and quality, but that is just my own personal opinion, I am sure some people share it an some don't. Within our price range we have several options including Serenade of the Seas, Norwegian Gem, Celebrity Reflection, and the Holland America Line's Eurodam. Can anyone give us some thoughts and insights in to these ships?

Essentially, we are focusing on having a grand a time as possible as we know that this will be our last vacation for just ourselves. We don't drink or anything like that, we just like to have fun.

I've only been on Holland America twice in Oct. And Dec. We were in our late fifties and significantly younger than most guests. Activities were geared to an older age group.

Choose a cruise with a few ports that you really want to go to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app