Epic Disembark in Barcelona

tiggywig123

I apologise if this has been answered a million times, but I have a few questions. We are on the 3rd Feb 11 day sailing and our cruise disembarks in Barcelona. We dock at 5am, but our flight home isn't until 8pm that evening. We have booked our cruise through CruiseClub, which included transfers to and from the airport, so any idea what we do with our luggage? Of course we want to go out and enjoy Barcelona on our last day, but not with our luggage in tow.

What time would we have to be off the ship by? Is it possible to leave our luggage there whilst we explore? If not, would we have to take our luggage with us to explore, then come back to the ship for our transfers?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I was at the Barcelona cruise port earlier in the year and they offer a luggage store and deliver TO airport service. I think it was 10euro per case, leaving you free to spend the day in Barcelona, and you have to be off the ship 9.30am at the latest.hope that helps, some tours also offer to store your cases and take you to the airport at the end of the tour.:)your other option is to go to the airport on your scheduled transfer in the morning and put your cases in the left luggage at the airport then just jump on the airport city bus back into barcelona .

http://bcnshop.barcelonaturisme.com/shopv3/en/product/20583/your-luggage-airport-port-airport.html

Edited by ibizasue

Hi Tiggywig123.

We're on the same sailing. Have you joined our roll call?

Epic Western Mediterranean feb 3 to 14, 2016

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2175772

We're also in the same position with a late flight so we've booked the baggage service mentioned above. It's got some good reviews. You choose what time to drop off your bags and what time to pick them up at the airport. Good maps to show the drop off / pick up points. €10 p/bag if booked online.

I apologise if this has been answered a million times, but I have a few questions. We are on the 3rd Feb 11 day sailing and our cruise disembarks in Barcelona. We dock at 5am, but our flight home isn't until 8pm that evening. We have booked our cruise through CruiseClub, which included transfers to and from the airport, so any idea what we do with our luggage? Of course we want to go out and enjoy Barcelona on our last day, but not with our luggage in tow.

What time would we have to be off the ship by? Is it possible to leave our luggage there whilst we explore? If not, would we have to take our luggage with us to explore, then come back to the ship for our transfers?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Was on the Christmas cruise and my flight was at 10.30 a.m back to Heathrow so I had to leave the ship at 6.30. However, son and family were flying back to Dubai at 11pm that night so they arranged for their luggage to be taken from the cruise terminal to Terminal 1 at the airport by a company called Bags & Go. It cost Euros 10 per bag. Son reported it was an excellent service. They were then luggage-free and able to tour around Barcelona for the whole day (they actually went to Camp Nou Football Staditium and the twin grandsons had a wonderful time seeing everything there). At the end of the day they got a taxi to the airport and collected their luggage from the storage company.

Good Luck with your plans

Suron

Was on the Christmas cruise and my flight was at 10.30 a.m back to Heathrow so I had to leave the ship at 6.30. However, son and family were flying back to Dubai at 11pm that night so they arranged for their luggage to be taken from the cruise terminal to Terminal 1 at the airport by a company called Bags & Go. It cost Euros 10 per bag. Son reported it was an excellent service. They were then luggage-free and able to tour around Barcelona for the whole day (they actually went to Camp Nou Football Staditium and the twin grandsons had a wonderful time seeing everything there). At the end of the day they got a taxi to the airport and collected their luggage from the storage company.

Good Luck with your plans

Suron

Just curious if you had a ship's transfer or were you on your own? Noticed you said you had to be off the ship by 6:30 am and wondering why you needed four hours before your flight time. We too have a late morning flight and I am trying to plan accordingly. Thanks in advance for your insight.

Rochelle

Bags & Go is the name of the company and you can book directly on their website too.

Just a remark: You will lose your included transfer when you decide to stay in town. I´m pretty sure that your included transfer will be at a certain time and you can´t chose on when you want to have it.

steamboats

Thank you to everybody for your helpful replies.

We are going to go ahead and book with Bags and Go, the service is just what we need. I'm also trying to get a refund for our return transfers because they just aren't suitable in any way. They are expecting us to be picked up by 11am at the port, for a flight at 8pm. Sitting in the airport for that many hours is the last thing any of us want to do.

I have looked in to transport, and have found a bus to take us from the port to the city centre - T3 Portbus - and from the city centre to the airport - TMB Number 46 - does anyone have any knowledge on Barcelona and know if this is a good plan?