Question about getting to the miami cruise port

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting my family of 6 from the Ft laud airport to the cruise terminal? I've seen in other cities that you can rent a car one way. Any suggestions would be much appriciated. We are going on EOS nov 13.

Thanks

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting my family of 6 from the Ft laud airport to the cruise terminal? I've seen in other cities that you can rent a car one way. Any suggestions would be much appriciated. We are going on EOS nov 13.

Thanks

They offer limousine service from FLL that will probably cost less than taxis to Miami (with six people you will likely need at least two taxis to handle your party and the luggage). There is a podium in the taxi area outside the terminal where you can get the limousines.

They offer limousine service from FLL that will probably cost less than taxis to Miami (with six people you will likely need at least two taxis to handle your party and the luggage). There is a podium in the taxi area outside the terminal where you can get the limousines.

I might reserve a shared ride/limo to depart FLL to port. However, when we came home, I was going to take a taxi back to FLL. When we walked outside of the cruise port there were tons of people ready to load up people and take them to the airport at shared ride prices. It was $20 each person vs $75 cab for 2. We only waited about 3 minutes before they had enough people to go to FLL.

I might reserve a shared ride/limo to depart FLL to port. However, when we came home, I was going to take a taxi back to FLL. When we walked outside of the cruise port there were tons of people ready to load up people and take them to the airport at shared ride prices. It was $20 each person vs $75 cab for 2. We only waited about 3 minutes before they had enough people to go to FLL.

Royal Caribbean also offers their bus service between the FLL airport and Miami cruise terminal if you want to go that route -- you'd just have to make sure your flight times work with their bus times...

And, yes you can do a 1-way car rental. My grandmother did it last year. I think it's Avis and Hertz that both do shuttle pick-up/drop-off at the Miami port.

We used Larrys Limo last October. We were picked up at our FLL hotel, to the envy of everyone waiting for their bus...;) Nice big white stretch limo, soda/water to drink. Friendly driver.

Took us right to the Miami port and droped us off, unloaded our luggage. Confirmed our pick up information for the return trip after the cruise.

When we got back to Miami I called him once we got to baggage claim and he was waiting out front for us.

Our cost plus tip was $200 round trip. For our whole family this was a good deal and the kids loved their first limo ride. We felt it was worth the $$ we got a great start to our cruise and did not stress over getting back to the airport after. We would use this company again.

Funcruiser

Our family was treated to a Limo trip from FLL to Miami from our TA. I sure was glad we didn't go the rent the car route! The night was dark and raining and traffic was backed up all the way! This was much less stress!:)

Archived